Local Talk

it is so quiet here

(20 Posts)
ripsishere Thu 26-Apr-12 13:37:38

I can't be the only person who lives in Warrington surely?

alienbump Thu 26-Apr-12 16:01:04

Ha, no - I live in Warrington too! I don't know if there are many of us though 'cos it does always same to be the same few names that appear in threads or questions about Warrington. I've got three dc, youngest started school in Sept and eldest started High School the same day so I'm currently looking around Warrington for that elusive, school hours, term time only job, any inspration?!

glitzy Thu 26-Apr-12 19:29:21

Im in Warrington too... mine are 19 and 16 tho, so not so much kids anymore

ripsishere Tue 01-May-12 09:49:16

Should we plan a mini Warri meet up?

KellyKettle Mon 07-May-12 19:01:35

I'd come along to a meet up smile

RockChick1984 Fri 11-May-12 08:54:14

I'd come to a meet-up, just the 1 baby here, he's 14 months smile

KellyKettle Fri 11-May-12 11:18:42

Are week days ok for most?

RockChick1984 Fri 11-May-12 19:14:28

Week days are fine for me smile

KellyKettle Fri 11-May-12 21:28:02

Town or somewhere else? I'm in South Warrington so Stockton Heath or town are good for me <<takes it upon herself to plan the meet up>> smile

RockChick1984 Fri 11-May-12 22:34:59

Glad you're planning it! I'm useless at organising anything smile

I'm Carrington Park, so town is fab for me, but I drive so can go pretty much anywhere!

Warrington38 Fri 18-May-12 19:56:41

Hi I'm new to this forum, I'm looking for anyone who knows anyone starting Bradshaw CP school, Grappenhall this September- as my daughter is starting in September and doesn't know anyone.

FaceForRadio Fri 18-May-12 22:13:08

another Warrington one here. My dd id 18mo and I work FT, DP is SAHD, so weekends better for me smile

<waves>

KellyKettle Sat 19-May-12 08:59:38

Hey FaceForRadio my DH is going to be SAHD when I go back to work in October! I'll be interested to hear how it works for you.

Ok, Saturday morning? I'll PM some details (wouldn't it be weird if we already knew each other!)

KellyKettle Sat 19-May-12 09:01:19

Warrington38 I'm afraid I don't live near Grappenhall or have primary age DC but I hear it's a v good school.

Can you see if they are running any holiday clubs in the summer? Your DD might make friends there?

Warrington38 Sat 19-May-12 16:41:14

Thanks, that's a good idea

FaceForRadio Sat 19-May-12 22:24:17

Hi Kelly smile

PM me, would love to have a chat!

DP has been great but it takes a lot of adjustment. I went back to work when dd was 3 months. I had to unfortunately as DP lost his job. It was only right that I go back and DP stay at home. It's been the making of him though.

Takes a while to get used to routines and who does what etc. As long as this is discussed and agreed before you go back then I'm sure all will be well.

Unlikely that we know each other, I'm from Scotland and don't know anyone - so would be good to have a mate close by smile

ripsishere Fri 01-Jun-12 14:52:55

The out of school clubs are a great idea. We moved to Paddington a year or so ago.
DD had never lived in England before and we knew not a soul. She went to a couple of things organised by the Peace centre.
She has also been to a couple of holiday clubs. I can find out the name if you are interested.
We are on the move again. This time it's to London. Bloody DH and his jobs.

KellyKettle Fri 01-Jun-12 18:24:44

Sorry, still not arranged the meet. Will do this weekend smile

KellyKettle Fri 01-Jun-12 18:25:05

Good luck with the move Rip

ripsishere Fri 01-Jun-12 19:48:24

Thanks for that, it won't be until August. Yikes. Gotta find a house, school, job, doctor.......................

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now