Local Talk

I have spoken to no just 2 adults (one of which being my husband) since we moved here, help!

(11 Posts)
serendippity Fri 25-Jan-13 12:33:32

Hi all,
We Moved to Stratford upon Avon at the beginning of December leaving all my friends behind in Cambridge. Only one other person has spoken to me at my 8 year olds school despite trying to start conversations with people, and for some reason I see no one when I drop and pick up my 4 yr old from playgroup! I'm beginning to go slightly mad and starting to feel lonely and a bit pathetic smile Having just watched an episode of "pramface" where a new mum follows two friendly looking mums in the hope they will speak to her and actualy identifying with her, I've decided to do something about it! Is anyone near here or living in Stratford who would like to chat?

ninjahamster Sat 26-Jan-13 18:43:36

Hiya - I live in Stratford too, I have 4 children aged 14,13,10 and 8. Always happy to make new friends!

serendippity Mon 28-Jan-13 11:34:56

hooray ninja!! Whereabouts are you? thank you so much for replying!

ninjahamster Mon 28-Jan-13 11:53:26

I'm in Tiddington so although not exactly Stratford, it is close enough! Where are you? Or would you rather message me?

serendippity Mon 28-Jan-13 12:36:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ninjahamster Mon 28-Jan-13 12:47:16

I do - my eldest is at the high school smile

ninjahamster Mon 28-Jan-13 14:03:58

do you fancy meeting for coffee sometime? I could come to you as I have a car, or you are welcome here any time too smile

serendippity Mon 28-Jan-13 14:25:21

Fabulous! I don't drive so here would be great if that's ok? Would you like to come to my house or meet in town? I'm happy with either smile

serendippity Mon 28-Jan-13 20:07:55

Have just been told off by dh for naming our road on the web, so am removing that post, not hiding it from you! smile

OliviaMumsnetHerts Mon 28-Jan-13 20:21:44

Hello
So pleased to hear that you're all having a lovely time on local

grin

Stratfordlife Sat 02-Mar-13 19:04:34

Hello I'm in Stratford too, with an 11 yr old DS and a 7 (almost 8) yr old DD. Happy to meet up. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now