Local Talk

Henley-in-Arden

(3 Posts)
confusedinUK Sun 03-Mar-13 15:42:07

Hoping to get some advice here from anyone living in or near Henley-in-Arden. After 11 years abroad, my dh and I have arrived back in the UK and looking for a place to settle here. We like the idea of Henley-in-Arden but would love to hear from any locals as to what the area is like, whether anyone commutes to London from there, is there enough to do with two young kids (ds 3 yrs old, dd is 3 months). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Nannytwotimes Mon 04-Mar-13 14:09:16

Hi. I think this is a lovely place to live. You are very central and the right side of the dreaded 3A junction which gets clogged up badly in the mornings. Warwick Parkway has a good train service to London too. The town has everything you need and Stratford (leisure centre) & Birmingham are easily accessible. Not sure about things for children but I use the soft play in Redditch (brand new) on wet/cold days. Lots of local walks too. Best of luck.

LeaBee Sat 20-Jul-13 09:48:01

We moved to Henley in Arden in December so relatively new to the area but I have a 22 month old so had to find things quickly. As Nanny said, Warwick Parkway and also Dorridge are good for commuting to London. Good access to motorway too. For little ones there is a baby/toddler group at a church on the high street on Tues mornings and I believe a few things at the children's centre located in the school grounds but lots more if u travel to either Stratford or Knowle/Dorridge. There's a Wacky Warehouse about 4 miles away that is fairly small n not too busy or expensive and Umberslade Farm Park which is good value if u get an annual pass ( only £17 per adult for the rest of the year now). For adults there are loads of pubs and lovely restaurants on the high st. The only down I find is that the nearest supermarkets are either Stratford or Junction 4 of M42 but the local co op is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now