Local Talk

Be my friend

(16 Posts)

Hello, we're moving to Horsham in about 6 weeks and I'm terrified as I don't know anybody.
Was hoping to get a little group going on here, with a view to meeting up in future.
I'm 31, married with 2 boys. Moving quite close to the station. My older boy will probably be going to Kingslea (unless a space miraculously comes up at Heron Way)
Anyway, thought I'd make the first move.
Kate

bishboschone Thu 26-Apr-12 12:08:33

I don't live in Horsham but nearby . Is there anything you want to know . I have dd ( 8) and ds ( 10 months ) .. I have lived in the area all my life ( saddo) do I can probably answer any questions . smile

MyNameIsntFUCKINGWarren Thu 26-Apr-12 12:18:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Woo, people!
No specific questions yet, just trying to integrate...

SomedayIllFlyAway Wed 02-May-12 18:07:42

I am in Horsham too, no DC yet, but am 16 weeks pregnant. Been here 12 months and don't know anyone apart from DH. I am 30 BTW.

No idea how PM's work on here, so can't PM you.

Hiya someday!
Let's be friends, I know lots about babies and am very good at talking about them. We can be loners together smile

SomedayIllFlyAway Thu 03-May-12 10:47:19

Sounds good to me! grin When are you moving here?

How long is a piece of string? hmm
No, hopefully by mid-June. We're trying to find someone to take over the tenancy here (otherwise we are liable for full rent until the end of our contract in September), then we'll be off.
Whereabouts are you? We moving to the area in between the station and Comptons Lane.

SomedayIllFlyAway Thu 03-May-12 15:04:33

I am currently in the town centre, but as it is a one bed place we will have to move to a two bed place, but hope to stay walking distance of the town centre rather than move out to one of the satellite villages. We both like being able to walk to the train station to get into town!

Sounds like you're not a million miles away then. I'll make sure I get in touch when we're in and you can show me the sights.
Where did you move from?

SomedayIllFlyAway Fri 04-May-12 14:51:49

There isn't much to see, and I don't really know them as I have been too busy to get out and about up until recently.

I moved from the East Midlands, but originally from the North West.

Ah, my husband is from the NW, Kendal.
Well I shall discover some sights to share.

olympicsbaby Thu 12-Jul-12 19:43:11

Hi all
I wandered if you guys ever arranged a meetup? I'm fairly new to Horsham (moved at the end of last year). I'm 30 years old and 37 weeks pregnant! I'm looking to make some new mummy friends in this area as I don't know many people here yet. Let me know if you have a meetup going, or if not if anyone wants to start one? x

SomedayIllFlyAway Sat 14-Jul-12 12:13:48

Nope, nothing as yet, but I would be happy to meet up at some point.

I only work evenings, so am free during the day or weekends. I am 26 weeks pregnant at the moment, so it would be nice to meet someone who has a baby a similar age!

kez35 Tue 18-Sep-12 10:26:43

Hello all my name is Kerrie I'm 34 and have become a stay at home mum to my 4 children (youngest son 3yrs) we live near Pulborough West Sussex. I have noticed there are not many things to do around the surrounding areas for parents to get together and have adult convo. I was wondering if i set a day each week, time and meeting place even if at mine, would you all be interested????????? I'm sure many mums/dads out there would like their children to interact with other children and at the same time get some adults talk, maybe to ask questions or give information of their experiences. Please contact me and we can get it sorted for the up coming weeks, look forward to the reply's

Kerrie

Palookaville Fri 05-Oct-12 00:48:36

Lulabellerama,
Don't know if you found friends, but I'm moving to Horsham (nearish to station) in the next few weeks. My dd's are ancient compared to your ds's (8 and 10!), so we obv have little in common there, but I too have a husband from the NW (near Penrith) and in fact we are moving down from Cumbria. Would love to meet up if you are still lonely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now