Local Talk

?moving to southwater

(9 Posts)
sweks Sat 02-Feb-13 21:28:47

Hello, I would love to hear from any of you who live/have lived in Southwater, west Sussex. We are thinking of relocating there and would like to know what it is like to live there, what the schools are like ...specifically castlewood school, and where in southwater to avoid living. Is their much of a community?

Any info would be appreciated,
Thanks,

PS FYI We have a 6,4 and 2 year old!

Piercy Mon 04-Feb-13 13:42:29

Hi

I've lived in Southwater for 15 years now and I love the village community spirit here. Castlewood school is for children that live on the Blakes Farm part of Southwater otherwise if Cedar Drive it is Southwater Infant School.

I'm expecting my first child so don't know specifically what is available for mum with children yet, but there is always something going on the countrypark is a great place for the kids as well, and Horsham.

Don't know where you are thinking of moving to in Southwater or if you have seen anything but happy to help if I can.

P

sweks Mon 04-Feb-13 17:35:11

Hi Piercy,
Thanks for the info, that's helpful! I have heard good things but always from people who don't actually live there! I didn't know that about castlewood. We were looking more cedar drive, and have seen one property we like but not much on the market on our price range. We are about to put our house on so fingers crossed. Is cedar drive a good area? It looks nice enough
I have heard southwater junior and infant school are good.

What is the leisure centre like?
When are you due?
Thanks

sweks Mon 04-Feb-13 19:05:12

Hi Piercy,
Thanks for the info, that's helpful! I have heard good things but always from people who don't actually live there! I didn't know that about castlewood. We were looking more cedar drive, and have seen one property we like but not much on the market on our price range. We are about to put our house on so fingers crossed. Is cedar drive a good area? It looks nice enough
I have heard southwater junior and infant school are good.

What is the leisure centre like?
When are you due?
Thanks

sweks Mon 04-Feb-13 19:05:39

Oops, posted twice!

Piercy Tue 05-Feb-13 06:33:26

Hi

Cedar drive is great, so is blakes farm but for some weird reason houses are always £10k more expensive on blakes than cedar. I live off one of the roads off cedar drive. What type of house are you looking for? The main estate agent in southwater is cubit and west and there are a few others so you pick them up on rightmove but you might want to put in google @ address they are a little independent who do very well but I don't think they are on rightmove.

The leisure centre has a gym, activities in the evening g and during the day I need to investigate for myself really as I've given up work for baby's arrival I've not had much call for using it before now!!

I'm due 4th April - where you moving from?

I'll find out more info I've got to walk to village centre this morning so I will pass leisure centre

P

sweks Tue 05-Feb-13 17:31:07

Thank you! We have seen the @address estate agent on rightmove, but I will also look on their website. We are looking for 4 bed detached, preferably under 380 000! But not much on suitable at the moment.
We are moving from Crawley, so not far but will be a big change as new school for 2 of the kids, and I have made good friends here. But we never wanted to stay in Crawley as husband has family south of Horsham, and I prefer not to live in a town.

So it's really good to hear you like it, I feel like this move is a big step as we want to really settle down and so kids don't move school again.
Look forward to hearing from you smile

Piercy Thu 07-Feb-13 14:19:21

Apologies not getting back to you when I said PG has wiped me out the last couple of days sad

There was a leaflet at the leisure centre they do loads of stuff, dance, martial arts, gymnastics, trampolining, youth club and tiddler and toddler groups. Plus there is the gym and zumba classes and so the list goes on!!!

Hope this helps and you find a house soon - they are in short supply round here at the moment!

P

sweks Thu 07-Feb-13 17:33:20

ahh, thanks for the info about the leisure centre. sounds like there is loads going on.
I know what you mean about pregnancy, it is exhausting, esp at the end!

We are now on the market as of today, so roll on house hunting.
Take care, all the best with baby and thanks for your help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now