Local Talk

Moving to Arundel! School advice needed please!

(2 Posts)
hippppy Wed 06-Feb-13 22:07:19

Hello,

We will be moving to Arundel on the 23rd Feb.

My son is due to start secondary school in september this year! I know we will be late admissions now, but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that.

I believe my catchment schools are Littlehampton Academy and The Angmering School. I have also read about a new free school opening in September, Chichester Free School.

Please can anyone give me a bit of a 'heads up' regarding the schools in my area - also, any others that I would be close to or able to apply for in the surrounding area.

I really have no idea other than ofsted reports. Does anyone actually know where the Chichester Free School will be?

Anyone got children at the above schools??

Starting to panic - Its all getting very close, and until I am living in Arundel I will not be able to start looking at the schools - and we are already LATE admissions! sad

Thank you all!! Ky

Hugglepuff Sun 21-Apr-13 17:27:52

Hi, my dd is starting Secondary School in September. I think Bishop Luffa also covers the Arundel area - but it is a C of E school so you need to have a letter from vicar to have more chance of going. The Free School has just announced its location - best to check on its web site for all info. I know that they were over subscribed but worth checking for spaces as loads of people might have changed their preferences when they know its location. Other school in Chichester is The Boys High School - not sure what that's like.
Hope move goes well - I moved toWest Sussex 6 years ago - pretty great place !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now