Local Talk

Moving to Lingfield/ East Grinstead ??

(11 Posts)
Brookey1 Fri 05-Apr-13 18:36:04

Hi

I am thinking of moving to Lingfield or East grinstead but i dont know much about the areas.

I currently live in Sutton and think its going down hill fast so want to move.

Looking for somewhere with good schools for my 6 yr old daughter, nice people, good links to london and nice surroundings.

A friend suggested Lingfield or East Grinstead.

Are there any parts or postcodes to avoid?

Does anyone have any first hand experience of living in these areas?

Thanks all

xx

NicoHan Fri 05-Apr-13 21:56:05

We used to live there, what specifically do you want to know?

stepmummy Sun 07-Apr-13 15:51:27

We used to live there and loved it. Really good family feel in both places. What do you want to know?
x

Brookey1 Sun 07-Apr-13 20:29:01

Hi and thanks for the replies.

Would just like to know if its a nice area to live in and what the schools are like etc.

Is there any parts we should avoid.

I have read some reviews about east Grinstead getting very 'chavvy'

As ill be moving to the area with just me, my partner and daughter am worried that it'll be hard to make friends, I am also thinking of having another baby and don't want to feel isolated.

Its there much to do in lingfield?

Sorry for all the questions, Im just quite anxious about moving and not liking it although I currently own a flat on a council estate in Carshalton so am guessing it must be better than here.

Can I ask why u both moved away from there?

Thanks

Vicky

stepmummy Sun 07-Apr-13 20:40:59

We moved away because we were very young and wanted to live nearer the bars, clubs, music venues etc of Brighton. However now 6 years on Im yearning for the small town life of East Grinstead!
There isn't much to do in Lingfield, although it is a lovely village and easy commute to London and east grinstead.
East Grinstead has lots of family friendly areas like Escots where there are lots of family homes and a lovely school. There are lots of family things to do in East grinstead and mother and toddler groups etc so I dont think you would have a problem making friends!

xx

Brookey1 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:24:07

Thanks for that.

I love the look of lingfield and figure that we will be within driving distance of east Grinstead.

Are there any council estates or parts to avoid in east Grinstead?

vicky

stepmummy Sun 07-Apr-13 21:45:57

I have sent you the answer to your question in a private message, so I didnt offend anyone!

Yes Lingfield is about a ten minute drive from east grinstead, if that.

Anything else you want to know?
xx

SofiaHunt Mon 15-Apr-13 23:28:47

Hi stepmommy! I was wondering whether you might be able to send me any info you have on areas to avoid in East Grinstead please? We're moving to the area and have seen a house we'd love to buy but we're a bit unsure about the area of East Grinstead it's in. Thanks
Sofia x

anna29 Fri 10-Jan-14 19:44:28

Hi Stepmommy, please could you send me any info regarding the places to avoid in East Grinstead as we have just had an offer accepted on a house and I'm really struggling with the primary schools as don't know the area at all. Thanks so much, Anna x

Choff Sun 23-Feb-14 20:16:14

Hi Stepmommy

I know this is a bit late to add to this post, but are you able to let me know which areas to avoid as we are looking to buy a house in East Grinstead, and we don't know the area. We are looking online and doing some research but it would be great with a little guidance.

Many thanks,
Christine

Barnowl42 Tue 15-Apr-14 13:31:27

Hi Ladies I live in East Grinstead and have done so for 14 years. Used to live in Croydon! The only estate I would steer clear of is Stone Quarry. As for schools, Estcots is a good school! My son went there. Blackwell is good and so is Ashurstwood . Depends on what part of town ur looking at really. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now