Local Talk

moving to West Sussex....haywards heath??

(5 Posts)
janesparty Wed 15-May-13 14:48:26

Hi there,

I am looking to move out of London with my husband, 4 year old and 6 year old.

I am currently looking at Haywards Heath.
It would be great to hear peoples opinions about the area.
Are schools good standard?
Is there a community feel?
I imagine getting into Brighton from HH is pretty easy.

How is the commute to London? My husband is freelance and can work at ANY time of day or night in London and around the country.

I have seen the thread about Bolnore Village - sounds good - I am also considering surrounding villages if anyone has any further advice.

I grew up in Eastbourne so have family and friends still there.

This is a BIG move for us and hoping to get it right (and I am finding it quite scary!) It would be good to start a new life but not cut ourselves off from friends and family around the London + Herts / Oxford Area!

Looking forward to hearing your opinions

Jane x

MotherOfDragonsHorsham Thu 13-Jun-13 13:10:43

Hi Jane,

I'm not sure about Haywards Heath although I have heard good things and believe the secondary education is very good. We moved down to Horsham from Oxford 18 months ago and chose the area based on similar criteria. I can honestly say we've not once regretted our decision. We go into London far more than we ever did from Oxford, so many more trains! We drive to Brighton for a couple of hours, Goring to be at the sea in 25 minutes and I can visit elderly relatives in Eastbourne in an hour, not the 3 it used to take. The schools are great and the locals friendly wink.

Good luck with your move.

Umicar Thu 11-Jul-13 18:35:58

HH to London and/or Brighton is quite quick and with no changes. There are also lots of lovely villages around. Victoria Park is lovely.

kblue Mon 22-Jul-13 19:52:42

Found this thread very interesting as we are considering a move from London to Horsham this year. Great to hear you love it motherofdragonshorhsam! Please can you give me the low down on areas? We have a 3 year old so primaries are top of the list.
Any advice, really appreciated...

Totalis Tue 23-Jul-13 15:11:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now