Local Talk

Primary and secondary schools in Worthing?

(2 Posts)
Sleepingbanana Wed 10-Jul-13 20:33:38

Currently live in Brighton but toying with the idea of relocating to Worthing. At initial stages and just considering at mo - big deciding factor is schools (for a 12 year old and pre- schooler). What are they like? Which are the best ones? Sorry to be clueless but think this is the best place to ask!

waterlego Tue 23-Jul-13 21:28:59

Hello, I just came across your message while searching for opinions on Worthing Secondary schools (though it's a long way off for us yet, DD is just finishing Y2 smile)

We have lived in Worthing for 6 years now (having relocated from Brighton) and we love it here.

My children go to Durrington First School (our catchment school), which I know a lot of local people think is a bit crap but our children have had a great experience there so far, and are making good progress.

I don't know of any schools in Worthing with a really bad reputation, though some obviously have a better rep than others. For primary, Thomas A Beckett seems to have the best reputation but it is a huge school (6 form entry in Reception) so not for everyone.

Of the secondary schools, Davison and St Andrews (single sex) have a good reputation, as does Durrington High. Worthing High is currently in special measures so obviously a bit iffy at the moment but will presumably attract more funding over the next few years as a result.

A few years ago, I did some supply teaching at Angmering, which I thought was lovely. Chatsmore is also good- small and very friendly but Catholic so not for everyone.

I hope that helps a bit?! What sort of areas are you interested in living in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now