Local Talk

Just moved to Shoreham by Sea

(11 Posts)
margot123 Thu 18-Jul-13 13:16:35

Hi there, I've just moved over here with my parter and 11 months old son. It's a great area and we're absolutely loving it! The only issue is....we don't know anyone yet... As I'm not working at the moment I'm getting a bit bored. Is there anyone around who would like to meet up for a coffee?

Maybe we can even create a group and do something weekly (or am I getting overexcited now;)). Hope to hear something soon. I'm 34 and originally from The Netherlands.

margot123 Fri 19-Jul-13 11:59:14

sorry posted in the wrong place

MrsPatrickJane Thu 25-Jul-13 00:05:25

No you didn't, Shoreham is West Sussex. smile

Poofie Thu 05-Sep-13 22:14:36

Hi, I can see that you have been in Shoreham for about 2 months now but if you are still interested in meeting up, I have just moved here and would love to meet someone. I have a daughter who is 2 and am from California originally. Or, if you know of any baby, toddler groups, I cannot seem to find any other than the library... which is great but only 2 days a week and with winter coming and rain, I'll need more indoor activities.

MrsPatrickJane Tue 10-Sep-13 20:08:13

Hi, I used to take my son to Lancing leisure centre occasionally for indoor play if it was rainy here, or scroll down for musical bumps. It's only along the flyover, takes about five minutes if you have a car. Or we used to do the ducklings swimming at the King Alfred in Hove. I'm afraid we weren't really into Mother and Toddler groups so I can't help you there.

starbo Mon 16-Sep-13 22:02:00

Hi,
We also just moved here. We'd love to get to know other Mums and children- I have 2 boys, aged 4 and just-about-2. We're up near Henfield but have been in Shoreham almost every day this summer at the beach enjoying the amazing weather. We're also wondering what we can get up to now the rain is setting in!
Poofie- we moved from Denver, Colorado so it would be great to meet another from the US (although I am the British one- DH is American, I just miss our Denver home and the USA!)
Hope everyone is settling in, would be good to hear how you all are.

margot123 Fri 18-Oct-13 13:35:13

Hi only just seen your message.

Yes I love Shoreham beachsmile but I agree it's so much more difficult to find things to do now it's raining. Would you still be interested in meeting up? I met a few people around here (everyone is so friendlysmile) but the more the merrier. Would be nice to hear from you!

LocalEditorWestSussex Sun 20-Oct-13 15:03:10

Greetings margot123

Welcome to Mumsnet Local smile I am your West Sussex editor. Thank you for posting on the boards.
Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see on the local pages and I'll do my best to help.

annaandrosie Sun 27-Oct-13 00:38:19

Have U been to the children and family centres? Go to west Sussex county council site for more info and links. Also impulse leisure southwick do a soft play and inflatables session. tots that rock are fun. A free local mag called sea inside has more listings. I would be up for a meet up, we could go to a session?

anna29 Tue 12-Nov-13 20:45:36

Hi,
We are moving to shoreham/southwick from Surrey in December. I have a 4 and 5 year old who are probably going to go to St Niolas and St Mary's c of e school in shoreham. I am so nervous as will be leaving my part time job, will have a new school for kids and won't know anyone!! Are there any meet ups planned for the new year as id love to come along. Where are the best places to go to when you don't know anyone?!
Thanks and can't wait to get to the sea and meet lots of lovely people xxx

LocalEditorWestSussex Wed 13-Nov-13 14:35:11

I have't got a meet up panned yet but I'm really keen to get one or several sorted for the new year, watch this space and I will hopefully have details of something.

If you have any questions about the area in the mean time, let me know and I'll do my best to help. smile
Most importantly, have a lovely time in your new home, enjoy the sea and welcome to the area. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now