Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Local Talk

Fancy a chat with come local people? Mumsnet meet up feature.

(17 Posts)

Mumsnet are running a feature about local meet ups.

Have a look here

If you fancy meeting someone in west Sussex for a chat or a tea/coffee/cake, sign in here and I'll make it happen. smile

kannyhq Wed 13-Nov-13 10:31:35

I have just moved to Horsham from being out of the UK for a few years. Would be interested in meeting up with some local mums..my 2 children are both at school.... and I am up for coffee any time...

I'm hoping to get a group meet up going, but I am more than happy to meet up with people (you had me at coffee) if you don't mind a 1yr old crashing the party. smile

IonaBower Fri 15-Nov-13 16:53:26

I'm also in Horsham and would also be interested in coming to a meet up. I've got a two year old and a ten month old.

Horsham is looking good then for meet ups. Does anyone have any venue preferences?

kannyhq Tue 19-Nov-13 21:47:30

For coffee I only really know Neros and Costa in the centre of Horsham... not sure with little ones... garden centre cafe like Newbridge in Broadbridge Heath? Another alternative better for small children?

Thanks for the suggestions, I am happy to do whatever suits everyone else, I'll have a look around and make some calls to see if there is a cafe or similar that will host us.

Awha28 Thu 28-Nov-13 11:28:52

Hi, just moved to Barns Green, Horsham from Devon and am looking to meet other Mums. My 2 boys are 18months and the other nearly 4, who is at preschool most days. We are house hunting at the mo so happy to meet mums from here to Cranleigh, Wisborough Green etc as it's a norther way for me to learn my way around.

Welcome to the area Awah28. smile

IonaBower Mon 02-Dec-13 22:15:09

Would the Conservatory Cafe in the park be suitable? There's parking nearby in the leisure centre and if the children need a run round there's the playground and the maze etc. Don't think there is much for the kids to do actually in the cafe, other than eat cake (!) but they do have highchairs.

I shall certainly give them a call and see if they can accommodate a few of us. Thanks for the tip smile

phototastic Wed 04-Dec-13 14:02:10

Any interest in a meet up in around Chichester/Bognor/Barnham area?

I can certainly do either of those places, I live in Chichester. smile

NorthergirlinSussex Thu 23-Jan-14 17:39:09

I'd be interested in any Horsham area meet-ups. I've lived here a few years now but I commute and would love to build up my circle of friends locally. I have a 2.5 year old DS, enjoy going to Pavillions and sewing, among other interests. Drop me a line please if there's a group get together smile

Kellylouise25 Sun 02-Feb-14 16:59:25

Hey I am in Chichester smile

Hi everyone. Thanks again for using local. smile

I am always looking for Local Ambassadors to arrange and co-ordinate meetups in each area. Please email me if you're interested.

west.sussex@mumsnetlocal.com

lostbutfound2014 Tue 12-Aug-14 10:48:40

hi there, why are there no takers for the chichester. Im new to the area and genuinely like to find some new friends for me and my 8 year old daughter. What do I need to do? to become an ambassador.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now