Hello, I am your new editor? Let's chat about anything I can help you with.

(8 Posts)

Please let me know if I can help you with anything. I am planning on organising local meet ups and ensuring all the listings are up to date, so you can find out whats going on in your local area week to week.

I will try to help with anything else that I can, so please give me a shout.

Chickadee75 Thu 04-Jun-15 14:12:08

Hi Kate, my family is moving from Australia to Haywards Heath in August (my DH is taking up a job nearby). The plan is to stay long-term. I have a DD who is 11 and will be starting secondary school in Sept. and a DS age 8. I understand this is an awkward time to move but he was only offered the job 2 weeks ago!
I'm keen to meet up with other Mums in the area!smile

palehorses Tue 09-Jun-15 12:18:56

Hi Katie, I'm new to Mumsnet. Strangely though not a Mum but had heard about the 'friendship bench'! I'm new to the area having moved down from London, hoping to meet like minded others who might work from home and need to get out of the house for book club (Wednesday night fries and wine more like). Husband doesn't get home from the City until late most nights so would be nice to meet some new friends.

Chickadee75 Fri 12-Jun-15 02:56:54

Hi Palehorse, what area are you in? We're moving to Haywards Heath or East Grinstead area in August. I'm keen to do book club too as will miss my one here enormously!

Hi chickadee I saw your post in another thread about schools, have you solved this or would you still like some advice? Pale horses - where about are you based? Book club is a great idea - often what some people do is offer to start one in their area and then I can promote it for you and run it online. Let me know how I can help. Kate

Chickadee75 Wed 17-Jun-15 14:55:04

Thanks Kate, I've had a couple of helpful replies about schools so along with heaps of Internet research I think I' ok for info. smile Will also keep in mind what you said about bookclubs and contact you in future regarding this if I want to
host one. Thanks again!

Danielle0611x Thu 28-Apr-16 11:48:47

Hello, im from crawley living with my 13 month old son. I haven't got a single mummy friend but I'd like to change that and find some on here. My partner is at uni all week and lays in bed all weekend when he is home. So would love some refreshing company lol. I would love some friends who also want a friend and to go out with the little ones and have fun and find fun groups to go to as I can't find any here. Give me a message smilexx

KatieRH10 Tue 10-May-16 12:42:39

I also live in Crawley and have a 18month old son. Would love to meet some other mums and attend some local meet ups. My DH and I both work shifts, so attending regular groups can be quite hard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now