Local Talk

UCLH or St Mary's or Chelsea NHS hospitals?

(3 Posts)
PJen Tue 30-Mar-10 18:09:41

Have to make a decision soon and GP couldn't advice and just told me to chose from one!!! I asked, what's different, she said no difference. So I decided on UCLH since it's new and shiny and now am double guessing. Well, I can't just chose a hospital becuase it's shiney, right? So does anyone here has any experience (prenatal or birth or whatever) in any of these hospitals? Please do share! I still can change my mind...

Thanks!
P

Jaybird37 Sun 09-May-10 11:31:46

Have not had a baby there, but I have found their gynae dept very good.

T the other extreme I worked as a clinical negligence solicitor for many years and there were notably few complaints or cases coming across my desk from them.

Hope it goes well and congratulations

eskimomama Fri 18-Jun-10 10:55:53

Not sure if this is too late, but I had my baby in UCLH in October and it wasn't the best experience...
My advice : don't let them fool you about staying in the birthing center if it seems to you that labour is too long and going nowhere. They kept me in there 2 nights in a row until they realised I was pushing for nothing (baby needed to be born with forceps due to an awkward position), so I was moved to the Labour ward at 8am only. The night shift midwives at the birthing center were pretty bad and insensitive but maybe I got unlucky.
In the Labour ward they were fab though, especially the day shift. DD was born less than an hour after I was moved there.

This being said, you might be perfectly fine just in the birthing center, depending on your baby's position. But don't be afraid to ask for what you want when big day comes!

Antenatal care was very good though.

best of luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now