Local Talk

New mums in Pimlico

(11 Posts)
Olivetti Tue 18-May-10 14:16:26

Hello - I am expecting my first baby in November, and was wondering whether there is anyone in Pimlico in a similar situation?

wellynz Sat 03-Jul-10 07:58:04

There is a great groups of mums and mums to be in Pimlico. My second baby is due in September and I live here.

I organise a pimlico mums group through Westminster NCT. If you'd like to join our email list email me on pimlicomums@hotmail.com. Or come along to our bumps social on August 12th at 7pm in Cafe Nero on Warwick way.

1stborn Thu 02-Sep-10 12:57:04

hi i'm a new mum to a 2 month old boy and would like to meet anyone who is in a similar situation in pimlico.

Ribenahead Mon 31-Jan-11 19:22:36

Hi!
I'm a relatively new mum - Milo was born in September, I'd love to meet other mums in Pimlico for coffee/walks/trips to the Tate .... would be great!

Thanks,
Sarah

101alex Wed 08-Jun-11 11:28:16

Hi I am moving to pimlico in a couple of weeks and have a 3.5 year old boy and am expecting my second baby in sept. I was wondering if anyone can help me with good recommendations on schools nurseries etc.. also I need to change my GP. I am moving from Maida Vale
Thank you in advance.....
Alexandra

Olivetti Fri 17-Jun-11 17:29:37

Hi,
I'm not sure about schools, but for the GP I am registered with the Victoria Medical Centre on Tachbrook Street, they are really good - all the doctors are lovely and the health visitors are fantastic.

fiammetta Sat 25-Jun-11 11:42:13

Hi, I am a new mum in Pimlico too! I'm glad to know there is a group. I am currently looking for a nursery for my 17 month year old girl. Any tips?
Thanks, and see you in Warwick way!

pimnico Sun 03-Jul-11 09:50:55

There are mums meet ups in St Georges Square Gardens every Friday morning from 10.30 - 12.30 in Pimlico and then on the last Thursday of every month there is a big coffee morning in Grosvenor Hall on Vincent Street. The Warwick way meet up listed was last year! The pimlico mums social evening is the 18th August at The Loose Box on Horseferry Road from 7.30. Do email pimlicomums@hotmail.com because there is a lovely group of mums here. My son is now 13 months old. Maybe see you in the park on Friday. nico

101alex Fri 08-Jul-11 08:13:44

Hi I need secondary glazing for 2 windows can any one recommend any double glazing/secondary glazing firm??
Regards!! and desperate

tammiejo Thu 21-Jul-11 14:04:59

Hi. I have a 2.5 year old who goes to nursery 3 days a week and a 10 week old and would love to meet up with other mums in the Pimlico area. Let me know if any of you would fancy getting together for a coffee and a chat. Hope to hear from you - t-j

lunkie Fri 05-Aug-11 23:50:19

Hello Pimlico mums ...

I am another - and I'm also starting part time training as a psychoanalyst with the British Association of Psychotherapists in September. In my first year I have to do an infant observation course. So I need to find a mum who is having her baby in September/ early October 2011 and would be willing to let me come to her home for one hour every week from around when the baby is a few weeks old until next July. I just observe the baby and you (or whoever is there looking after the baby that hour) to see the baby's development. I do not get involved, I am not judgemental, I do not give advice. I just observe.

Every psychotherapist and analyst does this course and I have heard lots of heartwarming stories about babies and mums who have been observed. It seems to be a positive experience for all concerned - "my observer is the only person who is as interested in my baby as I am" is how one mum explained it. I have accreditation from the BAP and a full CRB check. I have 3 children myself, now of uni age.

If you are interested, or would like to know more, please do contact me through mumsnet and we can arrange to talk in the real world...

Thanks for reading,

Lunkie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now