Welcome all City of London Mumsnetters!

(19 Posts)
Marina Fri 22-Jun-07 23:38:50

Although what's possessed me to start this thread when I suspect that many City Mners work there, like me, rather than live there, I don't know
I've volunteered to be the Empress of all the ECs and am hoping to get lots of input from City Mumsnetters old and new.
I think I might just come back and bump this on Monday...

bagsundereyes Sun 24-Jun-07 19:02:39

Well done Marina . I work for the Corporation in EC1. I'm currently on maternity leave, but still like skulking around the City at Spitalfields, Smiths of Smithfield etc. Hope there's some life out there on Monday!

Marina Mon 25-Jun-07 10:28:24

I catted you bags - welcome to the City Local

Bink Wed 27-Jun-07 21:53:16

Hello Marina.
How can I help?

Marina Thu 28-Jun-07 14:21:12

Ah, wonderful. Just by being your usual exceptionally well-informed self about City events for families (am hoping to flag up St Lukes, Barbican Cinema Club, sundry other diversions on City Local).
Oh and press-gang City Mners to come and join our lunches

Marina Thu 28-Jun-07 14:25:01

Bumping for dino whose links are wonky today

LUNCH ANYONE?

Kewcumber Thu 28-Jun-07 14:32:56

oooh found you all...

Kewcumber Thu 28-Jun-07 14:33:29

i work within spitting distance of Spitalfields

Marina Thu 28-Jun-07 14:35:47

We're just waiting for dino to tip up now, and all other City Mners too!
Spitalfields is a usual venue Kewcumber so we ought to do a little something before those of us with school-agers get sucked into the make-25-days-annual-leave-cover-the-whole-academic-year maelstrom

Kewcumber Thu 28-Jun-07 14:39:53

I don't work fridays but generally can make a lunch most other days (board meetings aside but thats only one day a month)

How about starting to sugget some July dates now?

Marina Thu 28-Jun-07 14:42:08

My dates are already thin on the ground (I work in education so it's quite busy here) but I can do Thursday 12th July and particularly Monday 16th July, with ease

Marina Thu 28-Jun-07 14:50:29

New meet-up thread here due to some people having difficulty seeing this thread on their browsers
All welcome, familiar faces or not

Kewcumber Thu 28-Jun-07 14:58:57

both those dates good for me

Bink Thu 28-Jun-07 15:40:50

Do you know, I had some trouble infiltrating this particular corner of the site. It looked like maybe I had to have specifically signed up or something.

Anyway - at some point, and I know it isn't Spitalfields so it'll have to be when Kewcumber has a special quiet day, I do think the City MNers should do a lunch taking over the whole of Carnevale on Whitecross St. (which those who've been there will know is not a very tall order).

Bink Thu 28-Jun-07 15:43:05

Bink Tip #1: Every MNer who works in the City should make sure they are a member of the Barbican children's library (you can join by using your work address, don't need a residential one) - best-stocked children's library in inner London - not acres on the shelves, but racks and racks in storage, and very helpful staff to dig it out for you.

Marina Thu 28-Jun-07 15:45:40

A Carnevale lunch-in would be wonderful, their food is delicious
Barbican Library info

Sammy4 Mon 24-Sep-07 10:13:56

Hello out there. Have just joined this site today in the hope of meeting mums in the City of London area and pick up tips on where to take little ones. I have one little girl aged 16 months and another due in January....

Milmo Mon 25-Feb-08 20:46:41

Hi there,

Have also just joined this site today in the hope of meeting mums in the area. I live in Old Street so just in between Islington & the city. I have a cheeky little boy aged 16 months.

If anyone would like to meet up somewhere the kids can run around or somewhere with high chairs ...

Agree the barbican library is great, there is also a lovely music group at Exmouth Market on Wed & Thurs mornings but that may be a bit too far from the city for you. I'll post the details if anyone is interested

Eri0817 Fri 16-Aug-13 10:10:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now