StaceyLianneMummy Mon 20-Jun-11 12:43:28

hiiiiiiii

im stacey

im new to the wigan area

i have 2 boys aged 2 and 10months

anyone fancy a chat? xx

Ruth1111 Mon 04-Jul-11 18:05:31

Hi Stacey

I'm new to Mumsnet and live in the Shevington area of Wigan. I've got a 12 year old boy, an 8 year old boy and twins (one of each) who are 6 months old.

I'm now officially a stay at home mum so am just looking to make some friends in the Wigan area.

Ruth

X

sarahziggy Sun 10-Jul-11 13:37:15

Hi Stacey and Ruth

Im Sarah, i live in Newton Le Willow. Not sure where Shevington is but dont think its far.
I have a lovely little girl ages 20 months.

How are you ?
Sarah x

amuminwigan Mon 11-Jul-11 10:07:37

Hi everyone,

I've been on mumsnet a while but not used this section before - it's really nice to see some other local mums!

I live in wigan too (as you've probably guesed from my nickname!) and I've got a little boy of 20 months.

Hope you're all ok
x

Ruth1111 Fri 15-Jul-11 18:12:18

Hi everyone

Shevington is near Standish if you know where that is. We're not far from the DW Stadium / town centre really. Has anyone got any plans for the summer holidays? My eldest two will both be off school and apart from a weeks holiday in Centre Parks (can't wait, am not brave enough to take the babies abroad yet!) am dreading trying to entertain them all with out spending a fortune for 5 weeks!

Xx

nikkilouise1989 Tue 16-Aug-11 18:11:31

hey everyone, i'm in bamfurlong (in the middle of ashton in makerfield and platt bridge) 31 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and looking to meet some other new mums smile xxx

Ruth1111 Wed 17-Aug-11 20:07:07

Hi Nikkilouise, I know where bamfurlong is, I've driven through it a couple of times, it's a few stops down the motorway from me.

How are you finding your first pregnancy? I was 21 when I had my first, that was 12 long years ago now! smile I've got 3 boys and 1 girl, my youngest are 7 month old twins. That's my lot now though smile.

Any way take care and keep well.

xx

Hi all!

Ruth I live in Appley Bridge, just up the road from you! Am very excited about Shevington opening a coffee shop and farm shop soon!

Nikki I am 35 weeks with my first, how's it going? Are you giving birth at RAEI like me?

Ruth1111 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:06:41

Hi AppleyEverAfter

I know, it's about time Shevington had a something like a coffe shop, that's one of things that I really miss living there, unfortunately I think it's going to be on the top floor so I won't be able to get the pram up there.

Have you tried Lamama in Standish, the food is really nice in the evening but it's also nice just to go there for a coffee.

Good with your pregnancy!

x

Hiya Ruth, yes the pram thing is a bit of a bugger, will have to drive or sling the baby to get up there! I have been to Lamamas yes it's a good one, and I like Chadwick's as well, I often sneak in there for a cake after a visit to the butchers! I go to the cafe at Golden Days garden centre here too, it's great for prams cos there's so much room.

Ruth1111 Fri 09-Sep-11 18:35:31

Hi AppleyEverAfter

I envy the whole sling thing, it's a bit difficult to do that with twins, will have to see if I can get time off for good behaviour from my hubbie to check the coffee shop out, either that or it'll be a joint effort! Haven't tried Chadwicks so will definately check that out, like Golden Days though, it's perfect for the pram and they do really nice sandwiches :-).

Have you tried Heskin Hall (not the hall itself but the barn)? They have a really nice little cafe there and loads of little craftie and foodie shops, you can easily spend a couple of hours there having lunch and a look around. Bents is also really nice, it's a good half an hour down the M6 but definately worth a visit if you haven't checked it out.

Take care

x

Er yes Ruth, I am yet to see anyone slinging twins! I just had my baby daughter three weeks ago so we are starting to get out and about a bit now. I have been to Heskin Hall once before, will definitely be going back soon! I haven't heard of Bents, I will Google it now. Always on the lookout for a new cafe :-)

Has anyone tried the new Wigan Life centre yet? Is the pool there open? We walked past last week and the building looks pretty swish but we didn't have time to go in...

MrsGaff Mon 30-Jan-12 20:24:49

Hi folks! I've been on Mumsnet for a while now but have only just found this section. I'm 33 years old, married with a boy aged 8. I work part time (Mon-Wed) and am a lady of leisure Thursday and Friday. I live in Skelmersdale but am always in Wigan shopping, I love it! grin. Nice to see some local mums on here x

Hlkx Wed 28-Mar-12 14:09:31

Hi Girls!
Im 23 and live in Wigan, I have a 7 moold son and am looking for new friends for us! I seem to have been abandoned since having my son and am getting really sick of seeing jeremy bloody kyle 24/7! hehe
I drive and am willing to travel to get out!
Anyway if anyone fancies a chat just give us a message smile

Hi MrsGaff and Hlkx! I have set up a Facebook group recently called "Shevington and Standish Mums" if anyone's interested. I found there was a lot going on in our area, at the Surestart centre, churches, schools etc but there was no 'one-stop shop' with all the info, so I made one! It just lists the weekly groups and I try to find out stuff that's happening in the holidays too. Here's the link: Shevington & Standish Mums

fionawigan Mon 23-Apr-12 21:19:13

hi, i am Fiona i am 23 have a 4 year old and live in parbold smile just added to your group appleyeverafter smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now