Local Talk

Have your say on maternity services in Wigan Borough

(7 Posts)
Willow15 Mon 18-Jul-11 15:49:49

Health & Care Together will be holding events in Wigan and Leigh in September to hear your views on maternity services in the Borough.

Health & Care Together is a Local Involvement Network (LINk) and there is one in every Borough in the country. We have been set up to give all individuals the opportunity to comemnt on the health and social care services they receive. We listen to your views and work with the organisations who plan and run services with the intention of making them better. Anyone can get involved in Health and CAre Together and if you would like to receive our newsletter please contact the office on 01942 705522 or e-mail karenw@thebha.org.uk. You can get more information from our website www.healthandcaretogether.co.uk

If you have used maternity services within the last 12 months or are currently using services please come along and share your experiences and comments.
• Did you have a positive experience that you would like to share?
• Do you have any suggestions on how particular aspects of the service could be improved?

Come along and tell us and we will feed your comments back to the service providers in the Borough.

If you are interested in attending and would like to know more please contact Karen Wilson at Health & Care Together on 01942 705522 or via e-mail on karenw@thebha.org.uk

Willow15 Tue 09-Aug-11 13:37:40

Come on ladies, drop in for coffee on Monday, 12th September between 11 am and 2 pm at Douglas Valley Childrens Centre or Wednesday, 28th September between 11 am and 2 pm at Leigh Central Childrens Centre

I would do but I'm heavily pregnant at the moment, due in September. The care I have received so far has been great though, very impressed by the midwives and breastfeeding team and feel well-looked after. Hope you get some more feedback!

Willow15 Thu 01-Sep-11 13:46:46

Thanks for that AppleyEverAfter. Please feel free to make further comments along the way.

Bellared Fri 09-Sep-11 15:51:23

My first time round experience at RAEI wasn't the best but will be going back in the next few weeks for number 2. The Community Midwives are great and so were the ones on the delivery suite.

Willow15 Mon 12-Sep-11 10:30:16

We're interested in your ante-natal care and post-natal care Bellared, not just the time you are in so feel free to forward any comments.

Bellared Mon 12-Sep-11 17:33:51

OK, both ante and post natal care was and is great. The midwives are really nice and I can't fault them at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now