Local Talk

New to site and live in Leigh

(21 Posts)
Bellared Mon 24-Aug-09 23:26:53

Evening all,

I read the old thread but the last post was last year so I thought I'd start a new one if thats ok?

Is there anyone else living near Leigh? wink

I live in Astley so not far away. I have 22mo dd.

Bellared Fri 28-Aug-09 20:53:06

Hi, sorry about just getting back to you. I've a 15month DS and is a pest! wink Astley is lovely we were up near the pit museum the other day for a wander.

Lillabet Wed 16-Mar-11 22:09:05

Hi Bellared I know it is a while since you posted but just thought I'd day hi as a bod who lives in Leigh

Bellared Sat 09-Apr-11 15:53:56

Aftenoon Lillabet, I've not been on here for ages so I apologise for the late delay! Which end of Leigh do you live? I live near Buts Bridge.

Lillabet Mon 11-Apr-11 08:59:07

No problem I live the Plank Lane end near the (former) Bickershaw Colliery.

Bellared Thu 28-Apr-11 20:25:32

Sorry, I've not replied sooner we had a house fire the other week and we've only just got broadband installed in the temporary house!

I think I know where you live is it near where they are building the new housing estate/marina? It's going to be great when it's all done.

How many DC's have you got?

Lillabet Sun 01-May-11 11:15:16

Hi,
No problem on the not replying, shock at the house fire! Hope you are all okay. We are indeed near the new development, it is coming along nicely smile.
I have just the one DS of 21 months who is a very lovely, cheeky, PITA although I would love more. I must be mad!! grin

Bellared Sun 01-May-11 21:15:05

My 3yr old in one too and no doubt this one will be when it pops out in October! I was at work when it happened thank chuff.

You'll have another, give it a few months... smile

Lillabet Tue 10-May-11 08:38:39

Still trying to lose the weight from the DS blush but I should get there eventually grin.
Hope you didn't lose too much precious stuff. When do you reckon you'll get back in your house? [nosy emoticon] blush

Bellared Thu 12-May-11 21:55:20

Gawd knows, about July ish but we've not heard from the insurance since we put the claim in apart from them asking for receipts. I've complained to them anyway and the landlord needs the house clearing so he can get his builders in. We lost most the stuff in the kitchen and the rest of the stuff is just smoke damaged. Phew!

Lillabet Fri 13-May-11 08:48:39

Ahh, insurance companies not too disimilar from the tax man in that when they want money from you they are quick to take it, but when they're supposed to be giving money TO you they are slower than you ever thought possible! grin Generally a pita but persevere and (in the immortal words of MNers everywhere) this too shall pass grin.
I am glad most of your stuff is just (!) smoke damaged, although that in itself is bad enough. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a speedy resolution to everything smile.

Bellared Sat 14-May-11 21:17:00

Fanx. We've just got to deal with the landlord threatening to chuck our stuff out cos the insurers are dragging their feet!

Why are weekends to short?

Lillabet Thu 09-Jun-11 13:45:09

Hi, it's been a while. smile
How are things going? Or is it best not to ask?
Hope all is well, the insurance claim is moving and your stuff is not (courtesy of the landlord that is!). grin

Just thought I'd say hello from another Leigh mnetter. Was begining to think their was only me on heresmile. I live up firs lane way.

Lillabet Sat 25-Jun-11 21:22:00

Hi slowlygoingbonkers, I'm that way, nearer to the canal though smile
I have to say I too did wonder for a long time if I was the only MNetter in Leigh grin

OutrageousIndignation Sun 24-Jul-11 23:39:18

I'm from, Atherleigh, the site of the old hospital, I have a rough idea where you guys live, though my wife is the "Leyther", so she would know for sure.

Bellared Wed 12-Oct-11 14:59:42

Hi Lillabet, not been on for a bit but finally got everything sorted. In vouchers. Great.
Hello, other new MN's from Leigh! How's it going?

Going for for induction number 2 on Friday...

Lillabet Mon 24-Oct-11 11:58:08

Hi Bellared, glad it all got sorted finally.
Been on holiday last week so I hope the induction went well on Friday. I'm sure you'll be far too busy to get back on for a while though smile.

Bellared Tue 25-Oct-11 09:27:00

Hi LB, I was in and out the next day! Super quick labour and a far better experience than last time. smile Did you have a good holiday?

HannahG315 Wed 18-Dec-13 14:51:10

Hi.

Moved to Leigh 3 weeks ago with my fiancé.

I'm 22 and expecting our first baby in March. I would LOVE to meet up with other mums/ mums to be as I don't know anyone other than my Mum round here!

Hannah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now