Local Talk

Anyone tried that coffee lounge at the top of town?

(8 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Mon 23-Nov-09 13:34:42

You know, used to be "the sitting room". Have you used it? Is it any good? Is it proper coffee or that ghastly stuff out of a clicky machine?

If you haven't, d'ya fancy it?

BethAndHerBrood Mon 23-Nov-09 13:36:03

This is for people in Ashton, obviously blush

lilibet Mon 23-Nov-09 13:55:23

Oh!

Was wondering where you meant!!

gemmac1 Wed 02-Dec-09 07:44:33

I havnt tried it yet....but am tempted to everytime I walk past.

BethAndHerBrood Wed 02-Dec-09 14:05:57

I went in yesterday morning. Coffe was okay, bit weak, but okay. The thing that annoyed me was they had 2 tv's on. One with "homes under the hammer"hmm and no sound, and the other was on a music channel, a little too loud!

Better than nowhere though. (damning praise, indeed!)

gemmac1 Thu 03-Dec-09 08:26:03

Well there isnt really many other places to try in Ashton....Does BB's have a baby changing area as I havnt seen a loo in there?

I have also tried to go into Sorrentos several times at lunchtime for the lunch menu that they advertise, only to be told they are shut as they have no staff???? Why open the doors and put the boards out if this is the case??? (hmm)

BethAndHerBrood Thu 03-Dec-09 17:39:09

No baby changing in BB's, to go to the loo you have to go through that greasy spoon at the back of the arcade and then up a gazillion stairs to some dark and ropey toilets. Not nice. We usually nip into the library, although the toilets near aldi are surprisingly clean, and I think there's a pull down changer thing. Bit draughty though!

BethAndHerBrood Fri 04-Dec-09 21:02:33

gemmac1, there is a baby change in the sitting rooms, in a cubicle big enough to get a pushchair in.

And even though they open at 9am, you can't have a coffee til 9.20, because the machine needs to heat up hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now