Local Talk

Thinking of moving to Chippenham Plz Help

(3 Posts)
SofieR Tue 29-Jan-13 16:30:29

We are thinking of moving to Chippenham and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it's like to live there? Are the locals friendly and does the high street have enough shops without having to go into Bath? Any help on Primary schools also would be great.

Clareaf2 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:03:22

Hi, I live in Corsham which is just between Chippenham and Bath on the A4. I spend a lot of time in Chippenham as I have lots of friends there, the high street isn't too bad, boots, Argos, tesco, whsmiths, waitrose, new look, waterstone etc Not great for childrens clothes but Cribbs Causeway (m4 bristol) is about 30-40mins away at the weekend, we tend to avoid bath due to traffic but it is a lovely city for occasional shopping. The friends I have who live in Chippenham are mainly in cepen park north and love it, not aware of what the schools are like I'm afraid.
Good luck!

Whykickamoocow Sat 02-Mar-13 22:57:48

Hi. I live in Devizes, south of Chippenham. 'Nam's a big-ish town for Wiltshire, with lots going on and a mainline railway station, which I think makes it quite desirable. My NCT group was in Chippenham so we have friends who live there and really like it. There're a couple of Children's Centres and I think it's quite a friendly place with a good sized leisure centre and a couple of parks. I think it has a weekly market. There are a couple of large supermarkets - the usual suspects. As Clareaf2 says, it's also really close to the M4 and is easy access to Bath/Bristol/not bad for Oxford. Don't know about schools I'm afraid. There's definitely enough to sustain you in Chippenham without going to Bath, but it's also an easy enough train ride if you do fancy a trip. Hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now