Where in the world (Wiltshire)???

(10 Posts)
dizzygirl1 Fri 08-Apr-16 21:12:06

Hi
I'm looking for some advise please about areas. We are relocating from Somerset to somewhere close to Corsham. We are renting and looking at possibly Trowbridge, Westbury, Chippenham or Melksham. We have dd(9) and ds (6) so need to make sure we find decent primary and second schools as well as swimming, Judo and Brownie/Guide groups.
Also any extra info you want to give! we haven't moved in 7 years so am beginning to panic slightly wink wink
Thanks and looking forward to getting to know you! grin

PhyllisDoris Sat 16-Apr-16 13:31:08

Not Chippenham!

cowbiscuits74 Wed 27-Apr-16 21:42:33

some people are happy in Chippenham you know Phyllis, we moved here by choice last year and it has served us well. I would rather live here than Melksham or Trowbridge.

It is well located for getting to Corsham, I drive there every day, sometimes several times a day.

Corsham has all the activities you mention above plus more.

Hardenhuish or Sheldon are well regarded secondaries, Corsham high not so much. If you are renting you might just have to go with whichever primary has places near you rather than decide on a school then try to find a property near enough.

Depends on your budget but you could look at Neston, Biddestone, Box etc or Corsham itself. Bradford on Avon also do-able to Corsham as a daily commute.

Hope you get sorted OP

dizzygirl1 Wed 29-Jun-16 13:47:28

Hi Looks like we have a house sorted for Corsham. We are looking at the children attending Corsham Primary School at Broadwood site. Does anyone have any experience of the school or any feedback?
Thanks

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 29-Jun-16 13:59:52

We live in Corsham, DS is in the nursery on Broadwood site. We're really happy with it. Lots of friends with older DC rave about the school.

The Springfield Centre in town has a swimming pool, although we do private lessons at first step gym with Neptune Swim School.

Quite a few different martial arts around (Springfield Centre, Rudloe Community Centre and I think the school have it after School)

Lots of Brownies and Guides.

Be sure to wear your MN scarf so I can spot you! wink

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 29-Jun-16 14:00:37

COMPLETELY outs self with name change fail. Off to find a new nn I guess!

dizzygirl1 Wed 29-Jun-16 21:31:10

Thanks cupcakes 😆😆😆 I will be the one looking lost, lonely and panicking over where I should be! Also almost managed to let DS get a broken arm on our first visit to the park Springfield the weekend before last!
Do you like it in Corsham? I've gone past excited and now worrying about it all!

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 29-Jun-16 21:36:26

Love it here. Grew up in a nearby village and we have no plans to leave. DH is from the other side of the UK and also loves it here, every time we go to his home town he comments how much nicer it is here.

Sorry about the broken arm!

I'm usually looking lost and confused too, I'll keep an eye out for you!

rosannereid53 Wed 17-Aug-16 13:48:22

Hiya
We moved to Corsham a year ago and my son went to Corsham primary pound pill, he has special needs and the school was amazing he has come on so much . I work at the school as well and it is by far the best primary school my son has been to (military so moved around a bit )
He is due to start the Corsham Comp in Sept and have been and looked at the school and it looks and sounds fab .
Hope you enjoy Corsham as its Lovely

PhyllisDoris Wed 17-Aug-16 17:46:22

Think I meant Calne, not Chippenham. Sorry Chippenham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now