Local Talk

are there any more MNers in Wolverhampton?

(8 Posts)
aristocat Fri 25-Jun-10 22:26:09

hi, i am from Wolves and just wondered if there were any more MNers here?
smile

starbo Fri 15-Oct-10 14:04:09

Hello,
I'm not sure if you'll check this but I just found your link as I am moving to Wolverhampton in November. Currently live in London and am anxious to find lovely classes and playgroups so my 1 year old makes some friends and we get out a bit and meet new people!
Doesn't sound like there are many MNers here though does it! wink

racmac Fri 15-Oct-10 14:45:05

Im not far from Wolves - I lived there but now moved - whereabouts are you moving to? I may be able to point you in the right direction!

starbo Fri 15-Oct-10 14:49:14

Oh thank you. I will be in Bradmore from November until February.

racmac Fri 15-Oct-10 15:30:46

Well there are definately Sure Start groups there so worth a try!

Dont know the area particularly well - i was on other side of town!

Scarlettmother Tue 19-Oct-10 14:21:44

Hi, I'm close to wolverhampton. My children are both at school now but we enjoyed Jo Jingles - there are various classes around Wolverhampton which are great for children and quite sociable. There is a lovely craft class/ playgoup on tettenhall road behind ST Jude's church. Also the libraries do lovely singing/ reading groups from babes onwards - if this is your thing. I used to go to Codsall library. Hope this helps. Also swim groups at the local pools are good.

stuggi Tue 26-Oct-10 12:16:47

hi starbo
i live near the bradmore area, only moved here in june myself, there are loads of playgroups on, i'm going to busy bees in st.phillips church with my 10 month old, it's on tuesdays n thursdays 9.30-11.
there is also bantock park which as a nice little playground and a cafe..are you only gonna stay for three month?
besta luck with the move anyhow!xx

starbo Wed 03-Nov-10 11:05:15

Hi,
Thank you all so much.
Stuggi, that sounds lovely, I am working on Tuesdays and Thursdays so will be looking for fun things on a Monday and Friday though. I am actually staying opposite Bantock park and we love the playground- need to try the coffee house!
Scarlettmother- many thanks for the recommendation for Jo Jingles I'll have a look. Am also planning to look at the libraries, great ideas.
Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now