Local Talk

Ideas For Budget Wedding In Malvern Please. :-)

(7 Posts)
Scottiedoggy Tue 05-Oct-10 13:56:35

Hi there. We are hoping to get married soon and are looking for ideas for a budget wedding in Malvern. My partner lives not too far from there but I am in Buckinghamshire - 85 miles away and doing everything at arms length is not so easy. We would probably go for a Registry Office do - The Council House looks nice, shame about the name though! I have two children 10 and 12 who would be involved. We are hoping to move to the area but sadly my house is taking ages to sell right now. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. :-)

CMOTdibbler Tue 05-Oct-10 14:08:35

What sort of budget do you have ? And how many guests ?

Scottiedoggy Tue 05-Oct-10 14:20:21

For wedding venue and reception we are talking 100s for budget, not 1,000s. Hence The Council house, followed probably by a meal at a local pub. Sadly we cannot afford The Abbey Hotel or similar. As for guests then probably around 13 adults and around 11 children - ranging from 2 to 19 years old. We are not big drinkers so are not fussed about a flowing bar all night. I would love to be able to have a dance after the meal but don't think we can stretch to anywhere where we could have a band or disco.

loopyloops Fri 08-Oct-10 17:00:44

Ooh I have lots of ideas.

If you PM me your budget and dates I'll have an ask around if you like?

TondelayooohSchwarlock Tue 19-Oct-10 14:01:17

My sister got married at the Council House in the summer. Shame about the name, agreed, but it is a gorgeous venue and the photos look like she got married in a flashy castle. She had a small wedding breakfast at the Cottage in the Wood.

DeborahDeborah Tue 19-Oct-10 14:12:35

The registry Office is beautiful in Malvern.

I second the registry office, the gardens next to it are stunning and ideal for your pictures. The majority of the budget weddings of friends of ours have chosen to do it there.

Then a pub function room or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now