Local Talk

North Worcester Primary Schools

(6 Posts)
chupacabras Mon 18-Oct-10 22:27:35

Any mums got strong opinions they wish to share with me on local primary schools in the Barbourne/Northwick/Perdiswell area? Been to see three (DS starts next September) but would appreciate some hard 'mumfacts' rather than relying on Ofsted reports and my own instinct!Loved St Georges C of E, but put off by reprt...
thanks

Tything Mon 18-Oct-10 22:34:53

The St Georges C of E is not the school of choice in that area. It has improved since the Ofsted report but people crowd into the Roman Catholic Primary nearby instead.

St George's R C Primary School
Thorneloe Walk, WORCESTER WR1 3JY

01905 25841 ()

chupacabras Tue 19-Oct-10 21:06:46

Thanks-much appreciated.Although i guess its very oversubscribed? Being C of E I can't imagine he'd get in. Will look into it though..

Tything Tue 19-Oct-10 21:53:45

It is very popular but not absolutley impossible to get into. There is not a big Catholic population in Worcester.

I suggest you ring the school and ask.

pumpkinpoppet Fri 19-Nov-10 22:06:49

Northwick Manor is excellent. Dynamic Head, exciting curriculum. Active PTA. Thought it was the school of choice in North Worcester??

I've heard a few mums (who really want a church school) mention the size issue - but Northwick has a separate playground and an early years block. And the size should make the transfer to secondary a lot less challenging too??

I haven't met a teacher there who I didn't like or wasn't impressed by...

Plus, the children live locally which helps maintain friendships.

The faith schools are very popular - particularly the secondary transfer option. Not sure that popularity on this basis means that they must be great primary schools though hmm

electra Fri 19-Nov-10 22:10:15

I know the head of Northwick Manor - she is indeed excellent and a total workaholic! The school she was at before has, imo gone downhill since she left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now