Local Talk

Curtain/Blind Making - Pershore/Evesham Way

(8 Posts)
MarmadukeMarmalade Mon 14-Feb-11 21:31:00

Can anyone please recommend a company or individual who makes curtains and blinds, please. I'm closest to Pershore and Evesham and quite happy to go to Worcester or thereabouts - just need someone who does a proper job. Bit afraid of buying the material and getting a botch job back !! Thanks in advance smile

prettydaffodil Thu 10-Mar-11 21:30:21

I've just moved just north of Pershore and am having to get curtains for the entire house. Having moved up from Gloucestershire, I've had quotes from loads of people/companies up in Worcestershire as well as getting a quote from my old trusted curtain maker (she's not old but I used her in our last house!) in Gloucestershire and she was better value. She is doing some work up here in April anyway and is more than happy to travel. I will definitely be using her once we have the money but, having had curtains from her can recommend her highly. She's called Sally Williams from Pretty Windows in Gloucester - 01452 741 154. Bizarrely, a local curtain maker I've had quotes from but have no experience of (so have no idea if she's good or not) is also called Sally Williams and is based in Flyford Flavell http://www.sunflowersoftfurnishings.com/

Also well worth visiting Kingdom Interiors near Tewkesbury http://www.kingdominteriors.co.uk/ because they have a great selection of fabrics. They also make curtains up and I'm pretty sure they'd do a good job but they're expensive.

Good luck with it!

CMOTdibbler Thu 10-Mar-11 21:34:37

Ooh, really local Mnetters to me ! I'm in Pershore

No advice on curtain makers though

MarmadukeMarmalade Thu 10-Mar-11 22:28:11

Thanks so much - I may have a word with Sally in Flyford and ask if anyone in the village (just the other side of the B4084, 5 mins away!!) knows about her. Good Luck with your curtains smile

Al1son Fri 01-Apr-11 23:56:21

I'm local to Flyford and have heard really good things about Sally Williams' work.

Truleescrumptious Sat 21-Apr-12 08:28:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

flower1979 Wed 16-May-12 21:32:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Moulait Mon 18-Feb-13 21:30:27

Hi Marmadukemarmalade, you've got lots of recommendations here from fellow lovely mums and here's another! I'm an interior designer based in Evesham, my business is called Cocoa & Lace interiors, you can find me on the internet. I can advise you on the right designs, colours and fabrics for your home. I supply fabrics from suppliers you will recognise, make and fit all window treatments. You can email me at enquiries@cocoa-lace.co.uk if you have any questions. Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now