Local Talk

Moving to Worcester area - advice needed

(4 Posts)
Hartness Thu 09-Jun-11 21:29:18

Hi,
We currently live in Scotland and my husband has just been offered a job in Ledbury. We need some advice on where best to live, goods Schools in the area (6 and 4 year old) and where to avoid!
Any help appreciated!
Joanne

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Sun 26-Jun-11 00:47:27

Sorry you haven't had any replies yet (was having a baby the day you posted!)

Are you looking at moving to town or countryside? Ledbury or further away? Starting with Ledbury, most is fine, I personally wouldn't want to live in an estate so would avoid Deer Park, otherwise it's all fairly nice. Ledbury Primary is big, but good as far as I know.
Surrounding villages are mostly very nice. Local primaries mostly very good: Ashperton - excellent, Much Marcle - excellent, Bosbury - good, Eastnor - tiny but very good. Colwall - quite big but excellent. Secondary schools all very good - John Masefiled in Ledbury, Chasein Malvern, or Dyson Perrins in Malvern (not as good). Lots of private schools and church schools are good.

I live in Malvern and love it. Excellent for families. Loads of good schools (probably West Malvern or Malvern Wells are the nicer areas, but surrounding villages are lovely).

All in all a very good area for kids. PM me if you want more details. smile

Major1978 Sun 02-Oct-11 18:10:24

Hi Joanne,

Hope you have managed to find somewhere to live. We are relocating to Broadway in a few weeks time from Switzerland, but originally from Scotland. We have had a stressful time finding a nice area, house and school which has spaces for our two children. And also not too long a drive for hubby, he will be working in Bishop's Cleeve. Our kids are 8 and 6 years old and they are looking forward to moving back to the UK, as am I!! Would be nice to hear how you are getting on. Bye Claire

ErXienHannah Sat 25-May-13 13:55:34

Hello all,
We will be moving to Great Malvern and malvern link area next month from Herts, and need help with the local primary schools.
We need to apply for my daughter's reception class in this coming Sept(After checking the council site), so if someone can advice on a few good primary school and its catchment area ?
Also on the area in to avoid living ?
Many thanks in advance !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now