Local Talk

Can anyone recommend a park/play area near the M5?

(10 Posts)

We'll be driving home via the M5 tomorrow from south Wales to Cheshire and are looking for somewhere to stop off for a picnic lunch/run around. Any recommendations close to the M5 for a nearly 4 yo and a 1 yo? Many thanks smile

CMOTDibbler Sun 26-Aug-12 22:45:52

You'll be wanting Worcester country park - come off at J7, head towards Worcester, across the first r/b, right at 2nd. Nice play area and the cafe is lovely.

Or visit Pershore for the Plum festival - you can park near the Abbey, theres a playground and stuff is on in the town if you have a bit more time

Sparklingbrook Sun 26-Aug-12 22:48:32

Here? It is not far from J7.

Don't think the weather will be great tomorrow though. sad

Sparklingbrook Sun 26-Aug-12 22:50:25

X posts CMOT, smile Many a happy afternoon spent there. There's a little train now and crazy golf.

We are on our way to Cheshire tomorrow Dita.

Ha! Just after posting I remembered that we'd stopped somewhere in Worcester on our way to Glastonbury festival in 2008 that had been fab and the internet (god I love the internet) meant I found it in about 40 seconds flat - and you'll never guess where it was wink

Thanks so much for the suggestion/confirming my addled memory grin

Sparkling we'll have to make a mumnset appropriate sign for our car (Pombears? Penguins? Nice ham? Square poo?) and you can look out for us on the M6 wink (Hope the traffic gods are good to us all ...)

Sparklingbrook Sun 26-Aug-12 23:04:56

We will be the car with two DSs fighting in the back Dita.

I wonder we put an empty packet of Pom Bears in the back window whether fellow MNetters would honk and wave though? Might make the journey more interesting. grin

I'll be the one reading DD her Fireman Sam comic for the millionth time while feeling sick - will wave if I see you wink

Sparklingbrook Mon 27-Aug-12 16:29:02

We made it here. Did you get back safely Dita?

We did, thanks - stopped at the park for a blowy 30 min or so, where I got a bit sweary when the wind blew cola all over the buggy and DD had a marvellous time playing on the swings and making a new friend. Plus bonus stunt kites in the adjoining field and Red Arrows (or similar) fly over!

Sparklingbrook Thu 30-Aug-12 08:31:26

It is a lovely place. On a hot sunny day in the school holidays it does get busy, but lots of room to spread out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now