Local Talk

Hagley/ Blakedown

(10 Posts)
Sarahr22 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:12:02

Hi All
We are currently looking to move and have seen 2 houses of interest....one in Hagley and one in Blakedown. Would appreciate any local knowledge on each area and where is best and also primary schools.....we were originally looking for Hagley school catchment but now worried Hagley primary is very very large....not sure if a large or small primary school is better for education?

Thanks all

cheekydevil Tue 23-Oct-12 17:42:20

I have answered on your other thread but can add that the education level at hagley primary is excellent and I know a few parents that live in blakedown and kiddi have actually chosen hagley first. There are 90 per year at hagley but still extremely sought after.

Sarahr22 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:26:29

Thanks....is it possible to get into Hagley primary if living in Blakedown?

cheekydevil Wed 24-Oct-12 09:49:36

Yes, DD has classmates from Blakedown, Stourton and Kidderminster and when we got her in there we lived in Stourbridge. It does depend on the birth rate etc but I think they allow a certain percentage from outside the area.

Mrscogg Mon 17-Dec-12 17:21:14

Sorry to be a late comer to your thread but just wanted to wave and say hi as I'm very local to Hagley and Blakedown!

BringOnTheScarecrows Sun 06-Jan-13 22:16:59

And me! <waves>

I've heard Hagley primary is excellent- but also Haybridge High, the secondary, is outstanding.

Buzzardbird Wed 10-Apr-13 16:04:24

I can see you from up here ladies ;)

Mrscogg Sun 21-Apr-13 07:01:49

Hmm Buzzard - are you on 'C'? waves back

Buzzardbird Sun 21-Apr-13 15:13:21

I am Mrs smile

Mrscogg Sun 21-Apr-13 21:09:55

There are quite a few Mners in this corner of the county then - we should do our own meet up if anyone fancies it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now