Local Talk

Another move thread - no idea where best to come to for us, any advice based on my post? Thanks!

(13 Posts)
greener2 Fri 01-Mar-13 20:43:16

Hi, we live in harrogate north yorkshire. We have only been here for a year after re locating from sutton coldfield in the midlands.

We do like it here but my husbands job fell through and so he is stuck in the midlands whilst we are up north.

So! Thinking to come back but not to sutton coldfield and to elsewhere.

We went to harrogate for the following;
Nice area, good school, open space,lower crime (things like travelling on the bus to birmingham started being a bit scary), better place for the kids, community..

Anything that ticks the boxes? I have no idea where to go to but thought maybe pershore or elsewhere, help!!

p.s my daughter currently on the wait list for autism diagnosis so we cant move until this is investigated sad

Hi greener. I live in Droitwich Spa and I really like it here. Parts of Worcester and Pershore/Evesham are nice.

A lot of Worcestershire does the 3 tier system with Middle schools and High school in Year 8, but it has been fine.

greener2 Sat 02-Mar-13 12:59:48

Thanks for replying, are you from there or moved there, are there any parts of worcestershire you could compare to other parts of the uk. I dont know a basic one is birmingham is like leeds.. Dont want to offend anyone on here but looking for middle class place (there, i said it!) Not because i am better than anyone else as i am not but that is just what i am looking for, so areas with a lack of social housing etc. If anyone wants to pm me that be great as again dont want to offend. smile

DamsonDream Sat 02-Mar-13 19:19:44

Can recommend Pershore - it's a lovely little market town with some pretty good schools. The outlying villages are lovely and are very middle class ( Little Comberton, Elmley Castle, Fladbury and Cropthorne etc) are my area and are lovely - lots of professional families who send their children to the local state schools sometimes following on with private schools in Worcester (Kings, Grammar with Alice Otley) But, not always Prince Henry's in Evesham is a good secondary state school. I can't compare it to other areas as I've always lived this way, but this area may be a good starting point for you.
Allan Morris and Osborne (I don't work there smile) is a local estate agent in Pershore who could give you some advice (people who work there live in these villages).

DS1 goes to Pershore High Damson. It is lovely over that way.

DamsonDream Sun 03-Mar-13 20:00:45

Thanks Sparkling we love living here, too - it's a handy to reach Worcester and Cheltenham for "proper" shopping and in between Pershore and Evesham for the every day stuff.
Pershore High is another good school, as well - we are spoilt for choice around here smile

MrsHarvington Tue 05-Mar-13 15:05:49

Greener2, we live in Harvington which is a nice sized village outside Evesham. It has a lovely feel to it, a nice pre-school and village school, and a lovely community spirit. It also has a lot of activities for children, different groups etc. Its in the catchment area for Prince Henry's which is a great secondary school. Hope that helps smile

DS1 is off to Prince Henry's after school for a footy match MrsH. smile

greener2 Thu 07-Mar-13 11:11:40

Thanks! Keep it coming smile
It may be best to mention that my daughter may have autism although it would be high functioning or a typical or maybe she is gifted i dont know at the moment and she is having assessments april/may which is why we are waiting to move..

What is Evesham like? Dont want to live there but just wondering as it would be a close town?
Thanks!!!

How old is your DD greener?

greener2 Thu 07-Mar-13 12:59:06

She is 5 soon and have a ds who is nearly 2

Sorry greener I abandoned you. I just wondered if you were talking Secondary School age. Don't know anything about the primaries these days sorry.

greener2 Sun 17-Mar-13 20:52:16

No probs, interested in secondary too as its a long term thing. Anyone know what bromsgrove is like? Also could you tell me more about driotwich spa?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now