Cafes in Droitwich - are there any nice ones?

(17 Posts)
LEWorcestershire Wed 16-Jul-14 19:51:30

I'm struggling to think of a nice cafe in Droitwich to meet a friend at over the weekend. I want big delicious home baked cakes, lovely tea and coffee and a relaxing atmosphere. Any ideas? Muffin Break is the most inspiration I've had so far, and whilst there's nothing wrong with it, I think I'll come away feeling a bit short-changed by the experience!

Sparklingbrook Wed 16-Jul-14 20:06:48

Hello! Droitwich is not exactly overwhelmed by nice cafes. My Mum and Dad love Muffin Break for some reason. grin

There is one but unfortunately I have never been so can't say anything good or bad. <useful> It's opposite Barclays Bank.

I don't tend to stop for coffee in town-always end up meeting friends at garden centres or Dunelm.

Goldmandra Wed 16-Jul-14 20:16:07

I'd go to Webbs of Wychbold which isn't far away.

Sparklingbrook Wed 16-Jul-14 20:18:10

The only thing about Webbs at this time of year is the hoards of coach parties.
Their cake is lovely though. grin

LEWorcestershire Wed 16-Jul-14 21:32:28

Ooh good call on Webbs gold although friend seems dead set on Muffin Break now. I'll wave at anyone who I think might be Sparkling's parents!

Sparklingbrook Wed 16-Jul-14 21:34:28

They virtually live in there grin I think it's a really odd place, like a big goldfish bowl in the middle of the precinct. grin

CaptainAhgua Thu 17-Jul-14 11:26:40

I'm never that impressed by the cake in the cafe at Webbs tbh. Though I love the GF carrot cake from the food hall

ParksFan Sun 27-Jul-14 12:56:31

Parks Cafe is terrible, absolutely awful in fact, just don't go there!

(can you tell I go there for a quiet cup of coffee and don't want it to be crowded?)

ParksFan Sun 27-Jul-14 12:57:25

As well as loving Parks, I also like Tagwell Tearooms.

Sparklingbrook Sun 27-Jul-14 13:17:22

My friend says the double cooked chips in Parks are the best. grin

ParksFan Sun 27-Jul-14 13:47:29

I've never tried them, Sparkling you have just forced me to go there again now! grin

Sparklingbrook Sun 27-Jul-14 13:54:00

grin They sell alcohol too, don't they? Perfect.

ParksFan Sun 27-Jul-14 14:01:08

Well that's the venue for the next social organised then! grin

Sparklingbrook Tue 29-Jul-14 22:55:55

Bit off topic but my Mother informed me today that the Lotus House Chinese has closed down?
The one opposite the Health Centre.

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Sep-14 09:26:30

In case anyone is interested a new child friendly cafe has opened in the High Street called 'The Button Tree'. It has a FB page, it looks lovely. I haven't been but only because my two are 12 and 15. grin

DoveyChinese Thu 10-Dec-15 20:11:56

Sparkling you need to try the Dovey Chinese, I love their food though it does take a while to arrive at times it's worth the wait

EversMum Mon 10-Oct-16 14:07:31

I know this is an old thread but someone may stumble across this so wanted to say that Churchfields Farm- Cafe/Ice Cream is a fab place to get together.
They serve locally sourced food- all homemade on site. Yummy cakes, paninis, soup, hot and cold drinks and of course lots and lots of homemade ice cream!
The setting is gorgeous too- in Salwarpe with views of the countryside and they have 2 play areas for children and a children's menu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now