Older mums 40+

(10 Posts)
sleepyhead0 Mon 18-Jan-16 19:01:31

There's alot of stigma in regards to older mums. Some frown upon the thought of women being older mums. Is any one going through pregnancy as a 40 + plus mum? Sharing concerns and stresses would be a comfort for those who are going through this too in the local area and not think they are alone. Any input would be good. Thanks smile

LEWorcs Thu 28-Jan-16 13:14:34

Hi thanks for the input. I'm somewhere in the middle I guess, rapidly approaching 40 but my eldest is a 7 year old.
I will soon be organising some meet ups and we could consider something specifically aimed at supporting mature moms if that would be of interest?

Cattiet Thu 03-Mar-16 20:42:54

I am 45 and have a two year old and a four year old.
Would love to meet up with some older moms out there😄

Lisajaynem5 Wed 18-May-16 13:30:10

Hi ladies, I'm a mum of twin boys aged 4, I'm gonna be 50 this year but certainly don't feel it smile. Just recently moved to the area so would be great to meet up with older mums too.

SparePants Wed 18-May-16 15:31:47

Another ancient crone here! I'm 46 and have 2 boys - 6 and 13 months. All the moms at baby groups are soooo young!

Mrscog Wed 18-May-16 15:46:35

Congrats sparepants! We must have had babies at the same time - my ds2 is 13 months too! Do you remember me from the orchard cafe meet up?

WorcsCountryMouse Wed 18-May-16 19:55:42

I will be officially "late 40s" (46 - or is that still mid forties?) but my DC are 13 and 9 so well out of the group stage and I have given up noticing or caring if school parents are older or younger (apart from some who are very clearly much younger...)

SparePants Thu 19-May-16 16:37:18

Hi mrscog - of course I remember you (and your Mumsnet scarf!) Congratulations back atcha!

Spare, you are not OLD...now I look in the mirror every day and I know what old looks like smile
Big kiss xxx

SBenny Thu 02-Jun-16 06:00:51

Hello I'm a mid 40 mum to an exhausting nearly 3yr old little girl. Essentially a stay at home mum, we need a social life; me to combat loneliness and my little girl needs some playmates. If anyone fancies a meet up please let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now