Lower Broadheath primary school

(7 Posts)
worccyclist Tue 26-Apr-16 21:03:23

Does anyone have kids at this school? Am thinking about moving to the village, dc in years 1 and 4. We could commute to their current school in the short term but I don't want to be doing it for 5 years!
Any experience welcome, especially any Special Needs.

worccyclist Fri 29-Apr-16 20:19:13

LEWorcs Fri 06-May-16 13:45:00

Hi there
I have just spotted your post, apologies! I don't have any personal experience of Lower Broadheath school but I know that the area is lovely, in fact we are shortly moving to Martley just up the road! (fingers crossed!!!) I will post your thread on the facebook page and get back to you. In the meantime have you been to see the school? I am a real believer in trusting your gut instinct. People will always have very different views which will be based around the care that their child receives, but everyone is different. I was really surprised how strongly I felt about some schools (good and bad!) whilst I was visiting them with a view to moving my children.
Good luck :-)

worccyclist Wed 18-May-16 18:16:10

Thanks LEWorcs. Yes it's certainly a beautiful area. I've been to visit and like the school although strangely they have less outdoor space than my dc's current city school.

I don't have experience, but am bumping for you, but MOSTLY, I must admit because there seems to be a new clever feature that puts a little local thread near the top of Active Threads.
I was so surprised to see Lower Broadheath mentioned (I am out towards Hereford, but close-ish) that I thought I would pop over and say hello smile

BumpKitty Thu 19-May-16 22:20:03

I have a child in year one, I think the school is very good. They got a poor ofsted result last year before my daughter started at school and this did concern me but I spoke with the Acting Head (who has since been confirmed in role) and to the reception/ class one teacher and I was reassured. I'd recommend visiting the school and meeting with the staff. I'm afraid I don't have any knowledge about the special needs teaching.

BumpKitty Thu 19-May-16 22:22:38

Sorry I just saw that you have visited already. It is the school's Spring Fete this Saturday 12-2pm might be a good idea to come along to that and see what you think .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now