Babywear shops in Worcester - help needed mummies!

(5 Posts)
lipsy28 Sun 02-Oct-16 16:20:14

Hi mummies - I'm looking at the possibility of opening a babywear shop in Worcester and would love some feedback from you guys.

I'm going to be stocking mainly Spanish & Portuguese fine knit sets probably starting from newborn (or small baby) through to 18-24m initially.

I'm originally from London and have lived in Worcester for 3yrs now. I have three children, my youngest being born in Worcester. With my other children I was spoilt for choice for clothing but it seems to be really limited here.

So my questions are:

1. Do you think a dedicated babywear stall or shop in Worcester is a good idea.

2. Do you like the bits I'm proposing to stock (pictures attached)

3. The prices for an outfit will start from £20-£40 - would you be happy paying this

4. Christening wear - is there a need for this in Worcester too?

I really appreciate the help. Thanks 😘

lottieandmia Sun 08-Jan-17 02:04:58

I would love it but a lot of boutique type of shops have closed down in Worcester, some of which I personally was sad to see go.

worccyclist Sun 08-Jan-17 17:36:57

Already a JoJo Maman Bebe in the Crowngate. As well as Boots, Mothercare, Next and H&M.

LEWorcs Mon 09-Jan-17 12:12:44

Always great to see more baby shops in the area. I think those outfits are very cute and look forward to seeing what people think. I would perhaps suggest that you might need to look to stock a few more product lines as this might be a little restricted?

Good luck and when you do get set up remember to add your business to the site for free :-)

CactusFred Sun 15-Jan-17 21:26:08

I like the idea of more kids clothes options in Worcester but I would never buy what you have shown - it looks like the stuff you get given when you first have a baby and never wear. I would not buy for my own child or as a gift, sorry.

There was a lovely shop in the Crowngate, Little Puds, and it closed down and her stuff was lovely. I can't see the things you want to sell doing better to be honest. If you do go for it, a stall would be better, test the water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now