Local Talk

Well someone has to be first!

(26 Posts)
DroitWitch Wed 28-Nov-12 20:49:48

Hello, I'm DroitWitch (three guesses where I live!)

I moved into the area about a year ago and haven't managed to make any friends here yet so thought I might as well sit on the friendship bench by myself for a while grin

No DCs as yet (though not for want of trying), and working full time in Worcester. I'm 36 years young and would love to have friends of my own to meet up with at the weekend and in the evenings. I don't drive, but am happy to meet up with anyone who is a train-hop away.

Please feel free to pm me if you would like to chat or meet.

imrubbishatthinkingupnicknames Wed 05-Dec-12 18:36:04

Helloooo! I don't seem to be able to pm you although it may just be me.... confused

I'm 33 with a 15 month old ds, also moved to the area (droitwich too) last year and haven't really made many friends. I have been out in the evening ooooh maybe 4 times since ds was born, and it would be lovely to find someone to meet up with for a drink etc!

DroitWitch Wed 05-Dec-12 20:17:29

rubbish thank you, I am not alone!!! I have pm'd you, hopefully it has got through.

Mrscogg Mon 17-Dec-12 17:23:40

Hi, I'm about 20 mins from Droitwich, but have just started considering it for our next move! I have a 9 month DS, but would love to meet up with anyone as all my friends are spread across the country!

imrubbishatthinkingupnicknames Wed 19-Dec-12 14:58:22

Hi Mrscogg, I can totally relate to that - most of my friends are either in London (where we moved from) or on the South Coast (where I grew up) It sucks!

anyoldnamewilldo Mon 24-Dec-12 14:10:06

I'm also in Droitwich but am older than you both in my mid 40s with two children. May I join you on the friendship bench?

DroitWitch Thu 10-Jan-13 17:53:04

<waves at mrscogg and anyoldname and sticks the kettle on>

mrscogg I hadn't even visited Droitwich before viewing the house we have since bought, but I can definitely recommend it.

rubbish I hope you've all got over your christmas colds now! MrWitch has just had a nasty one, but somehow I seem to have avoided it.

Ivyandoak Mon 21-Jan-13 12:50:12

Hi moved to kidderminster 3 years ago still have not really met anyone around here I have a 2 and 3 year old. First time on here too, so casting a friendly wave !

BringOnTheScarecrows Thu 24-Jan-13 17:33:03

Nooooo Mrs Cog don't gooooooooo! <wails and hopes I don't sound creepy>

BringOnTheScarecrows Thu 24-Jan-13 17:33:41

(Nothing against Droitwich you understand.)

Sparklingbrook Thu 24-Jan-13 18:12:12

YY Mrscog come to Droitwich!! <ignores Scarecrows> grin

Mrscogg Wed 30-Jan-13 14:46:25

Ah - just noticed this - for the time being we're staying where we are - if nothing else because DS has developed a taste for Scarecrows banana cake!

DroitWitch Wed 30-Jan-13 19:34:41

Hi ivyandoak <waves> How's life in Kiddy?

This thread keeps dropping off my list of threads I'm on - obviously I talk way too much on MN!

Hiya- can i join please? I'm 33 (as of yesterday- i can feel my bones creaking) I have a DS who is 7, I currently live in Bewdley, but OH lives in droitwich so am looking to be moved over in the next 6 months or so...would be nice to know a few friendly faces smile.

DroitWitch Tue 19-Feb-13 13:21:25

Hiya honeybadger you're still a young-un compared to me - happy birthday for yesterday!

Hi DroitWitch- thanks for the Bday wishes- i shall continue to tell everyone i'm 28, like i have been for the last 6 years lol

SunnySpa Sat 02-Mar-13 15:40:09

Hi! can i join? I have been in Droitwich for about 6 years and I have one 2 year old DS and would love to meet people in the area. smile

DroitWitch Sat 02-Mar-13 23:26:48

honeybadger I am still 24, and have been for the last 12 years grin

Hi sunnyspa it's lovely to see you! You are definitely an old hand if you have been here for 6 years, you can tell us all the best places to go and where to avoid for drinks, eats, etc

SunnySpa Tue 05-Mar-13 13:33:28

Hi! I wish I could claim to be all knowledgeable about Droitwich but no..... But I do know some places to go
in the wider area.

Oooh! I've been 25 for the last 10 years too! wink

justmovedhere Wed 06-Mar-13 12:57:58

Hi there. We've just moved to Worcester from Reading with our 2 children aged 8 and 3. I am looking for a book group, but haven't been able to find one that looks good. Any advice? I have come from a really good book group in Reading and wonder if anyone might be interested in reading along with them. It was organised by RISC (www.risc.org.uk), though the members suggested and then voted for books. The books are of the more unusual kind, and not always an easy or enjoyable read, but I usually enjoyed reading books that I otherwise wouldn't have normally encountered and always appreaciated what was usually my only night out each month. Have I sold the idea to anyone?

SunnySpa Wed 06-Mar-13 20:37:12

Hi Justmoved I don't know of any book groups but it would be interesting to go to one.

Re: RISC do you mean the cafe on London Street? (I grew up in Reading! smile)

justmovedhere Thu 07-Mar-13 09:08:27

Hi SunnySpa, Yes, that's the one. They run a book group through their world shop, so the books are often emerging writers from unusual parts of the world. As I said, not always easy or enjoyable reading, but giving a point of view that I wouldn't otherwise encounter. Sound any good?

mrsbucketxox Mon 11-Mar-13 09:12:48

waves to everyone,

dont know of any book groups in worcester justmoved, I rarely have any time to sit and read anyway.

ivyandoak, I moved from kiddy a year ago, from near hartlebury.

I'm 34 with two dc 18 months and 3, I'm always up for chat or meet.

anyoldnamewilldo Tue 02-Apr-13 18:38:30

Shall we try and arrange to get together over the school holidays?
How about Muffin Break in Droitwich at 11am next Monday and try and spot each other

DroitWitch Wed 10-Apr-13 07:49:09

Sorry, this had dropped off my 'I'm on' list again sad

A meet-up would be good. Evenings and weekends only for me though, I'm afraid, as I work full time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now