Local Talk

Wanting to meet another family with an only child

(4 Posts)
DippyMummy Mon 04-Feb-13 14:39:12

Hello, are there any parents in the Malvern/Ledbury area who would like to meet up with a view to providing opportunities for their/our children to play together? My DS is 6 (7 in March). He is an only child, and could do with more playmates, especially from outside his school (which is very small). However, he is a slightly unusual lad and I am hoping to find a similar child that he may be able to be friends with. I would describe him as: highly sensitive, bright, frequently anxious, energetic, extremely imaginative (to an extent that can be somewhat bewildering!), passionate about drawing, cars (naturally), books, stories, jokes, languages, science and silly word play. If this sounds anything at all like your child, then please get in touch! Our DS makes friends reasonably easily but then becomes anxious /disappointed/ frustrated by those with whom it turns out he has nothing in common (eg. children who don't do imaginative play). He seems to get on best with older children - his current "best" friends are a 10 yr old boy and a 9 yr old girl - both only children themselves. It would be great if he could find others, closer to his own age, who shared some of his interests. We love walking (he's quite an outdoor boy) - if you do too, then maybe we could kick off with a walk in the Malvern Hills?

Cattiet Mon 02-Dec-13 21:52:13

Hiya. Moved to bromsgrove a couple of years ago and haven't really met any friends yet. Have a 21 month old and am due in feb again. Would love to meet local older moms for coffee chats or walks in the park.

LEWorcestershire Fri 06-Dec-13 19:06:41

Hi Cattiet - I live near Bromsgrove and have a 21 month old. I don't know if I'd class myself as old though - I work a few days a week but would love to meet up if you'd like to smile

Tina40 Sun 08-Dec-13 17:26:02

Hi Cattiet, hope you are ok. I am an older mum (42) but young at heart lol. I live in Redditch and if you fancy meeting up send me a message tina.97@hotmail.co.uk, take care x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now