Local Talk

York meet-up

(378 Posts)
MummyBerryJuice Mon 30-Aug-10 22:14:20

So there seems to be some interest on Twitter for a meet-up in York/surrounds. Who's would like to join in? It seems logical that we wait for schools to start again and a morning in the week would suit me best.

MaidInYorkshire Mon 30-Aug-10 22:24:16

Watching (and namechanging) with interest. I don't do Twitter or any social network thingies, so MN is my source of info about local meet-ups. A weekday morning would suit me too, but I have no desire to dictate: I shall wait and see what and when suits the general York MN population. My children will be back at school at the end of next week, so I will be in recovery for a while after that. grin

I am one of the twitterers - once DD is at school full time (20th September, not that I am counting down days or anything) I am free any day.

Could probably manage a morning on week beginning 13th September but do need to remember to pick her up at 1 that week grin.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 30-Aug-10 22:46:56

Mmm... My parents are visiting from abroad from Sunday so I think after the 20th would be better for us too. (didn't think of that, actually, this is probably a little premature then? blush)

cazinski Sat 04-Sep-10 11:28:26

Count me in when it happens, will be there with bells on! grin

Doucam Sat 04-Sep-10 19:27:11

I'm new to the site and new(ish) to the area so would love to meet up if possible.

I am in Pickering so would get the train in to York.

Hope to meet you all soon!

MummyBerryJuice Sat 04-Sep-10 21:38:36

Excellent. Do any of you know any other MNetters who may want to come? Let's start throwing some dates around.

I will need to bring DS (8months) and would prefer a week day after the 19th.

Doucam Sun 05-Sep-10 14:03:53

I work a couple of days a week but could do and have stuff on the w/c 20th but could do Tues 28th or Weds 29th September.

cazinski Sun 05-Sep-10 20:36:38

Any time around then would be great for me too-we're moving up (I think!) on the 17th. Gives me plenty of time to be opening boxes and doing all my other crappy jobs with the house move. Looking forward to catching up with you all! I'm not too hot on where things are in York, but I'll work it out. We're moving to Bootham so pretty central. Just let me know where and when and I'll be there!

TrickyWoo Sun 05-Sep-10 20:45:02

Hi! I live Near ish and am interested. Ds is 18 mths so would come with me and I work 4 days so could do fridays only. I am free 17th sep and 1st oct if that helps, however if not then feel free to arrange without me.

Karin3kids Mon 06-Sep-10 08:13:19

Hi, sorry to crash your thread but just to let you know about a Baby Friendly York Fair & Nearly New Sale on 16th October. There will be a cafe area with plenty of seating and serving home-made cakes, and a buggy park, so a good place to meet up :-) Also musical entertainment and the library service doing stories for toddlers and a quieter breastfeeding area if you want privacy. More info athttp://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/york/events/b abyfriendlyork

Hope to see some of you there - I'll be on the Stratford Nappies stall so please come and say hello!

deadley Mon 06-Sep-10 13:58:33

Hi,

Im moving up to York on the 18th and will be in desperate need of people to meet!
Cant do week of the 27th or friday mornings but any other time would be great!!
I have a DD of 2 and a DS of soon to be 6 months who would have to come with me

Cheers

Pootles2010 Tue 07-Sep-10 19:08:12

Hi,

I live about 15 miles to east of York, would love to meet up. DS is currently 6 weeks, i'd have to bring him along, if thats ok! Will be keeping an eye regarding dates - am on maternity leave so whenever's good for me.

MummyBerryJuice Wed 08-Sep-10 10:33:37

How about we look at the First week in October onwards? We have a lot of things on in September so it would be better.

I can't do Thursdays but am otherwise pretty free at the moment. Votes please for 4th/5th/6th/8th of October.

deadley Thu 09-Sep-10 13:35:01

4th, 5th or 6th would be good for me

deadley Thu 09-Sep-10 13:35:58

4th, 5th or 6th would be good for me

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 09-Sep-10 13:38:09

hello, can I join in? Am near Pock. Dates suggested sound good.

jooseyfruit Thu 09-Sep-10 13:40:25

me too. Am Southbank area. Mumyberryjuice what's your Twitter name? I'm @jooseylucyfruit

MummyBerryJuice Thu 09-Sep-10 19:42:25

joosey - twitter name is too personal for here (I should really change it smile) but we do follow one another so I'll DM you. So far beginning of the first week in Oct looks good. Any others want to join in?

jooseyfruit Thu 09-Sep-10 20:03:28

of course, sorry I never think of stuff like that, doh!

averageyorkshiremum Sun 19-Sep-10 22:16:39

Hi, am fairly new to MN - haven't checked out the local bit until now. Would love to join you if work commitments allow, i live in central York with 10month old DS.

First week of October should be fine for me Will be just me as both children will be safely at school

What sort of time of day would people like? I need to leave York by about 2:30 or so but apart from that am flexible

deadley Tue 21-Sep-10 11:00:04

Mornings are best for me as DD still has a sleep in the afternoon.

woofie Thu 23-Sep-10 21:09:37

Hello - another Yorkie here - can I join?

First week in October looks good. I'm hanging on til ds1 starts school f/t in January(curse the YOrk double entry system), but he's in playgroup til midday most days, so a morning would be good. (Will have to bring ds2 as he's tiny!)

Look forward to meeting you all with any luck

Hello

I'm in York too! Near boroughbridge rd, can do thurs and fris as work mon-wed.

have 9month DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now