Local Talk

York meet-up

(378 Posts)
MummyBerryJuice Mon 30-Aug-10 22:14:20

So there seems to be some interest on Twitter for a meet-up in York/surrounds. Who's would like to join in? It seems logical that we wait for schools to start again and a morning in the week would suit me best.

MaidInYorkshire Mon 30-Aug-10 22:24:16

Watching (and namechanging) with interest. I don't do Twitter or any social network thingies, so MN is my source of info about local meet-ups. A weekday morning would suit me too, but I have no desire to dictate: I shall wait and see what and when suits the general York MN population. My children will be back at school at the end of next week, so I will be in recovery for a while after that. grin

I am one of the twitterers - once DD is at school full time (20th September, not that I am counting down days or anything) I am free any day.

Could probably manage a morning on week beginning 13th September but do need to remember to pick her up at 1 that week grin.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 30-Aug-10 22:46:56

Mmm... My parents are visiting from abroad from Sunday so I think after the 20th would be better for us too. (didn't think of that, actually, this is probably a little premature then? blush)

cazinski Sat 04-Sep-10 11:28:26

Count me in when it happens, will be there with bells on! grin

Doucam Sat 04-Sep-10 19:27:11

I'm new to the site and new(ish) to the area so would love to meet up if possible.

I am in Pickering so would get the train in to York.

Hope to meet you all soon!

MummyBerryJuice Sat 04-Sep-10 21:38:36

Excellent. Do any of you know any other MNetters who may want to come? Let's start throwing some dates around.

I will need to bring DS (8months) and would prefer a week day after the 19th.

Doucam Sun 05-Sep-10 14:03:53

I work a couple of days a week but could do and have stuff on the w/c 20th but could do Tues 28th or Weds 29th September.

cazinski Sun 05-Sep-10 20:36:38

Any time around then would be great for me too-we're moving up (I think!) on the 17th. Gives me plenty of time to be opening boxes and doing all my other crappy jobs with the house move. Looking forward to catching up with you all! I'm not too hot on where things are in York, but I'll work it out. We're moving to Bootham so pretty central. Just let me know where and when and I'll be there!

TrickyWoo Sun 05-Sep-10 20:45:02

Hi! I live Near ish and am interested. Ds is 18 mths so would come with me and I work 4 days so could do fridays only. I am free 17th sep and 1st oct if that helps, however if not then feel free to arrange without me.

Karin3kids Mon 06-Sep-10 08:13:19

Hi, sorry to crash your thread but just to let you know about a Baby Friendly York Fair & Nearly New Sale on 16th October. There will be a cafe area with plenty of seating and serving home-made cakes, and a buggy park, so a good place to meet up :-) Also musical entertainment and the library service doing stories for toddlers and a quieter breastfeeding area if you want privacy. More info athttp://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/york/events/b abyfriendlyork

Hope to see some of you there - I'll be on the Stratford Nappies stall so please come and say hello!

deadley Mon 06-Sep-10 13:58:33

Hi,

Im moving up to York on the 18th and will be in desperate need of people to meet!
Cant do week of the 27th or friday mornings but any other time would be great!!
I have a DD of 2 and a DS of soon to be 6 months who would have to come with me

Cheers

Pootles2010 Tue 07-Sep-10 19:08:12

Hi,

I live about 15 miles to east of York, would love to meet up. DS is currently 6 weeks, i'd have to bring him along, if thats ok! Will be keeping an eye regarding dates - am on maternity leave so whenever's good for me.

MummyBerryJuice Wed 08-Sep-10 10:33:37

How about we look at the First week in October onwards? We have a lot of things on in September so it would be better.

I can't do Thursdays but am otherwise pretty free at the moment. Votes please for 4th/5th/6th/8th of October.

deadley Thu 09-Sep-10 13:35:01

4th, 5th or 6th would be good for me

deadley Thu 09-Sep-10 13:35:58

4th, 5th or 6th would be good for me

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 09-Sep-10 13:38:09

hello, can I join in? Am near Pock. Dates suggested sound good.

jooseyfruit Thu 09-Sep-10 13:40:25

me too. Am Southbank area. Mumyberryjuice what's your Twitter name? I'm @jooseylucyfruit

MummyBerryJuice Thu 09-Sep-10 19:42:25

joosey - twitter name is too personal for here (I should really change it smile) but we do follow one another so I'll DM you. So far beginning of the first week in Oct looks good. Any others want to join in?

jooseyfruit Thu 09-Sep-10 20:03:28

of course, sorry I never think of stuff like that, doh!

averageyorkshiremum Sun 19-Sep-10 22:16:39

Hi, am fairly new to MN - haven't checked out the local bit until now. Would love to join you if work commitments allow, i live in central York with 10month old DS.

First week of October should be fine for me Will be just me as both children will be safely at school

What sort of time of day would people like? I need to leave York by about 2:30 or so but apart from that am flexible

deadley Tue 21-Sep-10 11:00:04

Mornings are best for me as DD still has a sleep in the afternoon.

woofie Thu 23-Sep-10 21:09:37

Hello - another Yorkie here - can I join?

First week in October looks good. I'm hanging on til ds1 starts school f/t in January(curse the YOrk double entry system), but he's in playgroup til midday most days, so a morning would be good. (Will have to bring ds2 as he's tiny!)

Look forward to meeting you all with any luck

Hello

I'm in York too! Near boroughbridge rd, can do thurs and fris as work mon-wed.

have 9month DD.

woofie Thu 23-Sep-10 21:19:55

Overall it looks like Friday 8th in the morning might be a good time for most people?

That would be good for me

woofie Fri 24-Sep-10 22:33:12

Any ideas about venue? If lots of people are bringing kids, maybe somewhere like Spurriergate where there are toys and plenty of space for buggies? Or another, more original idea...

Am a bit useless on venues as we only moved here in June. Was at university here but somehow my needs for venues were slightly different then grin

Cookie1982 Sat 25-Sep-10 18:18:25

Message deleted

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 18:35:06

Err "Linda" I think you need to pay a fee to advertise on here..

Cookie1982 Sat 25-Sep-10 20:05:14

Message deleted

woofie Sat 25-Sep-10 22:51:17

Reading back, maybe a Friday wouldn't be ideal for doucam and deadley? I'm on mat leave still, so can do most days really...

Noah - you don't frequent the Evil Eye with the kids then? grin. I miss that place...

I can do pretty much any day. Although probably Monday, Tuesday or Friday best as am helping at school on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.

<aims to be flexible >

cazinski Sun 26-Sep-10 20:24:09

Anytime for me-have finally moved and sort of (ish) unpacked. Any excuse to get out and have a chinwag and a coffee sounds good to me. Watching this thread for a date and venue. I won't suggest one as I'm pretty useless with where everything is at the mo!

woofie Thu 30-Sep-10 19:19:48

Monday 11th mid-morning at Spurriergate?

cazinski Fri 01-Oct-10 09:44:28

Yes sounds great-I'll be there woofie!

woofie Sun 03-Oct-10 09:24:07

Excellent! Anyone else??

jooseyfruit Sun 03-Oct-10 10:14:28

yes i have to bring child though.

Sounds good I will be there. On my own (but like other people's children smile).

deadley Mon 04-Oct-10 10:23:59

Ill be there, will have to bring two children!! Is it obvious where to go, havent been there before.

DwayneDibbley Mon 04-Oct-10 10:28:27

Message withdrawn

Doucam Mon 04-Oct-10 18:36:36

Oh I can't go that day I am working.

Will keep an eye out for the next meet and hope I can get to that one.

cazinski Tue 05-Oct-10 21:41:17

What time is everyone thinking? I can be there from 11am, DH has booked us in for a tour of Clifton school at 10am!! I'll need a coffee after that! (DD is only 14 months old haha!) Zzzzzzzz

I'm working too, but like doucam will keep eyes peeled for another meet up!

jooseyfruit Wed 06-Oct-10 11:10:28

11? Spurriergate centre at top of Coney St?

Noah are you on twitter <squinty eyes> I recognise your photo!

I am smile. Am IdrisTheDragon (with an underscore there somewhere).

11 sounds good. Although am a little nervous grin

jooseyfruit Thu 07-Oct-10 13:25:01

shall we all wear a mooncup on our lapel so we recognise each other?

That would be an idea grin. I have short hair. Brown. Might still have a little blonde in it. Will probably have on a skirt or dress and brown boots on. And probably red coat.

jooseyfruit Thu 07-Oct-10 13:50:18

i think we are friends on fb, my initials L.Y. profile pic of two eldest kids. I'm non descript long blonde, with extremely blonde toddler!

We are You have just commented on my rhinos (that's not a sentence you often say grin).

woofie Thu 07-Oct-10 22:45:00

Glad most people can make it - sorry doucam and ethelred. Won't do a Monday next time!

I'll be bringing a baby too, but offloading older one onto grandparents after playgroup!

HOpe to see you all on Monday - I'll be the one looking shifty with panda eyes and a very dribbly 4-month-old.

jooseyfruit Fri 08-Oct-10 10:21:26

try to snaffle a table near the play area

sethstarkaddersmum Fri 08-Oct-10 10:27:45

oh are you lot going to the Spurriergate Centre on Monday? Can I come? I've got a 3yo and a 1 yo and I am very nice in RL, honest. (Am terrible at making the effort to get out of the house but that sounds fairly straightforward, even for me.)

woofie Fri 08-Oct-10 11:37:20

Yes of course sethstarkadder! The more of us hanging about looking awkward until we identify each other the better.

Doucam Fri 08-Oct-10 16:16:19

S'ok! I work all different days so I will keep an eye out for the next thread and if I can make it I will.

Have a good time at the meet, I love Spurriergate. Yummy food :D

jooseyfruit Fri 08-Oct-10 16:27:25

wonder if mummyberry is coming? will twitterise her

MummyBerryJuice Fri 08-Oct-10 17:12:40

Thanks Joosey. I will be there. Can I have some directions please (live in Goathland) Usually park at Mary's gate car park. 11am is perfect for us.

I may be a little late as am now having an "informal interview" at 10am in Huntington. Not sure how long for but as I couldn't do first suggested time due to starting a course I felt it might be a bit bad to say I was going to meet people who live in my computergrin.

But will get there as soon as I can

jooseyfruit Fri 08-Oct-10 17:24:19

do you know Coney St? spurriergate centre is at the top end (end furthest from the Minster iyswim?) on the right, it's an old church. Up near Habitat and Waterstones. glad you're coming, and wow coming all that way! meet in Whitby or Pickering next?!

MummyBerryJuice Fri 08-Oct-10 17:39:18

Yup I know Waterstones at least smile. How will We recognise each other?

jooseyfruit Fri 08-Oct-10 21:19:02

I will wait by the play area near the entrance and I will be holding a fruit shoot. I am short and blonde. my ds is even shorter and blonderer.

Hope you all have a great time and will hopefully be there for the next one!

MummyBerryJuice Fri 08-Oct-10 22:28:14

We should all carry fruit shoots gringrin

So who is going to be there tomorrow?

sethstarkaddersmum Sun 10-Oct-10 20:35:01

I am hoping to be there.
I have a shy ginger-haired 3yo and a blond 1yo baby.

deadley Sun 10-Oct-10 21:03:28

I will be there. I have a 2 yo girl, maybe singing very loudly if im lucky, and a 6mo boy. Will look out for fruit shoots!!

jooseyfruit Sun 10-Oct-10 21:15:32

me with blondie toddler.

MummyBerryJuice Sun 10-Oct-10 22:12:24

Me. With blond 9 mo.

DwayneDibbley Sun 10-Oct-10 22:21:58

Message withdrawn

woofie Sun 10-Oct-10 22:30:01

Me with 4mo old (blond, but not so as you'd notice)

woofie Sun 10-Oct-10 22:33:25

Hope your baby recovers soon dwayne

jooseyfruit Mon 11-Oct-10 16:08:20

have pm'd you deadley smile

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 11-Oct-10 20:09:25

hi all, was nice to meet you all today (though sorry not to have had a chance to talk to everyone at the other end of the table).

and v nice to see all those seriously cute babies!

MummyBerryJuice Mon 11-Oct-10 20:24:29

It was lovely meeting up. Thanks to everyone who came. Hope to see you all again (and some ofthe others too!)

woofie Mon 11-Oct-10 20:56:07

Yes, let's do it again soon!

jooseyfruit Mon 11-Oct-10 21:37:38

the babies were ace.

Was good fun smile. Next time I will aim not to have an interview before hand grin.

sethstarkaddersmum Tue 12-Oct-10 10:36:29

did the interview ok Noah? (sorry, didn't get a chance to ask as was down opposite end of table with needy dses.)

It was fine Am now an invigilator at another secondary school in York (am working my way through them grin).

sethstarkaddersmum Tue 12-Oct-10 10:41:15

LOL. Congratulations though it is probably not the most exciting thing in the world!

Not exciting I do agree although is quite nice to know I am getting paid for literally standing there sometimes grin

sethstarkaddersmum Tue 12-Oct-10 11:37:49

yes and imagine the lovely peace and quiet!

jooseyfruit Tue 12-Oct-10 11:50:00

do you have to have to practice your stern stare and shushing technique? grin

Did get asked in the interview what I would do if students wouldn't stop talking. And also what I would do in the case of an electrical fire. Then had to read out the exam instructions in the hall. There were a few stduents in there (who did become silent once I started proclaiming grin)

deadley Tue 12-Oct-10 21:20:42

I had a great time at the meet up and will definitely be up for another one

woofie Tue 12-Oct-10 21:42:53

jooseyfruit - you were great with the babies! Don't suppose you do babysitting?

noah - if you are working on your stern stare and shushing technique, please come round use them on Laurie, who WILL NOT sleep in the day (or much in the night either) Just as well he's smiley really. Yaaaaaawn

sethstarkadder - will sit nearer to you next time!

Anyone up for a November or December meet-up? Doesn't have to be in York mummyberry

Another meetup sounds great Am going to be away mid November and first week of December (sadly work rather than pleasure) but am generally around

jooseyfruit Wed 13-Oct-10 07:36:55

yep.

BerryScaryJuice Wed 13-Oct-10 07:43:28

Very keen for a Nov/Dec meet. Jacob and I are going to SA for a month from 10th December so Mid-November? We could do something towards Malton maybe? The Farmer's cart has a lovely tearoom and pigs/chickens etc to look at for the kids....

jooseyfruit Wed 13-Oct-10 08:10:02

good idea mummyberry. good name btw.

woofie I'd look after him any day he's very very cute!

BerryScaryJuice Wed 13-Oct-10 08:54:01

Thanks blush. I'm always so jealous of all those good festive names.

cazinski Wed 13-Oct-10 14:39:06

It was great to see you all on Monday, just a shame I didn't get to have much of a chat with some of you on the other table!

Deadley and jooseyfruit have mentioned going to a toddler group next Wednesday and I'm all over it, don't know if anyone else fancies it?

Joosey...sorry, where is it again?? confused

jooseyfruit Wed 13-Oct-10 16:05:12

it's jellytots at the baptist church on priory street, 10-11.30 wednesdays and fridays. its a donation for cuppa and biscuit and the toys are reasonably clean!

woofie they have nice little baby things there too.

cazinski Wed 13-Oct-10 19:38:34

Ooooh like yours and Berryscarys new spooky names...better get thinking of me own!

woofie Wed 13-Oct-10 20:19:24

Farmers Cart is a firm favourite - definitely up for a meet there in Nov berry.

Ooh hadn't heard about the Priory Street group. Perfect timing, as I have to pick up ds1 from playgroup at 11.45. I could do next Wednesday - hope to see some of you there

I've seen signs to the Farmer's Cart as I go round the ring road. Had wondered what it was like so would love to meet there

I will be away from Wednesday 17th until Sunday 21st November and then Monday 29th November until Monday 6th December (not that I'm trying to make this all about me blushgrin)

woofie Wed 13-Oct-10 20:49:47

Which days of the week are good for doucam and ethelred who missed Monday?

BerryScaryJuice Wed 13-Oct-10 22:24:44

So week of 22nd to 28th of November then? We have no fixed engagements that week. Although I would prefer any day other than Thursday.

Doucam Fri 15-Oct-10 14:20:11

Any day will be fine for that week in November, I will just say to work that I am not free during the week and do a weekend instead.

I've wanted to go to the Farmers Cart for a while anyway as I think they stock some sauces that I like.

I will keep an eye on this thread for the date.

deadley Fri 15-Oct-10 14:54:23

Any day other than the thursday that week would be good for me as well. And as long as someone tells me how to get there alls good

Definitely up for toddler group on wednesday too.

woofie Fri 15-Oct-10 20:21:53

Can't do tuesday, but mon, wed, fri fine for us.

Doucam Mon 18-Oct-10 21:39:51

Will check the roster at work on wednesday and update then.

deadley Tue 19-Oct-10 20:37:05

Remembered i cant really do fridays any week, oops!

toddler group at baptist church on priory st tomorrow if any one interested? 10-11.30.

Hey all, work Mon-wed so thurs or fri good for me.

woofie Tue 19-Oct-10 21:03:11

Whoosey - we were planning to come, but ds1 has chickenpox! And Laurie's a bit grizzly, so may be incubating it I guess, though hopefully bf will give him a bit of immunity... So we'll give it a miss this week, but could try again next if anyone else is going.

Doesn't seem like there's a day of the week that is good for everyone! Think we should probably do a friday, cos doucam and ethelred can make it (sorry deadley)

oh no. hope ds1 is ok. poor little Laurie, maybe he'll escape it this time. Toddlers not on next week as half term, but week after maybe?

woofie Wed 20-Oct-10 21:44:11

Yes - week after next should fine for toddlers - will stick it in the diary smile

BerryScaryJuice Thu 28-Oct-10 19:54:54

Has anyone given anymore thought to dates for a meet-up?

SaraInYork Wed 03-Nov-10 15:11:16

Hello. I'm new to MN and York area so a bit late to join in - sorry! I have a DS of 2 years and expecting second next April. Anybody mind if I opt in for your next meet up?

Week with 22nd in it (DS's birthday )I can do Wednesday or Thursday. Am suddenly gaining social or work engagements hmm.

woofie Wed 17-Nov-10 11:14:06

It's all gone quiet.... Is anyone still on for a Farmer's Cart outing next week?

MummyBerryJuice Wed 17-Nov-10 14:23:07

We are!!

woofie Thu 18-Nov-10 18:33:50

Good! Thursday?

MummyBerryJuice Thu 18-Nov-10 19:50:40

Thursday is the only day I can't do. How about Wednesday?

woofie Thu 18-Nov-10 20:50:37

Wednesday fine by me. Anyone else? Looks like ethelred might not be able to make it again...

jooseyfruit Thu 18-Nov-10 20:54:13

Wednesday is haircut day for me! and only day dh and I will have had off together for ages so will give it a miss. sorry, hope you have a great time x

Doucam Fri 19-Nov-10 12:14:17

I would have loved to come but my car has decided to break down angry, and is going to cost a small fortune, and won't be ready 'til the end of next week.

Looks like it will be into 2011 before I get along to a meeting!

woofie Mon 22-Nov-10 21:11:05

mummyberryjuice - shall we postpone until more people can come along?

How does December look for everyone? 1st or 2nd week, before Christmas concerts, nativity plays etc get going in earnest?

Any morning except Tuesday is still good for us.

MummyBerryJuice Tue 23-Nov-10 09:27:53

Yes, I think that is wise. Jacob and I areflying to SA on the 12th so sometime before then. Any day is good fir me except Thursdays

Vanillacandle Mon 29-Nov-10 18:00:16

Hi mummyberryjuice - I guess all bets are off for a while...!

Would love to join a meet up at some point - but am chocka until Christmas. Maybe if you have one in the Spring?

I've only just found this bit of the site - Dur - how many North Yorkshire mums do we have here? Have you met up before?

For anyone who hasn't seen my fanatical anti-snow posts, I live in Ryedale...

MummyBerryJuice Mon 29-Nov-10 19:58:18

Hi Vanilla I just finished a long response to you on my phone, when it decided to 'refresh' and lose it angry.

A group of us met up in York in October (or was it September?) and it was great fun seeing names on a screen turn into real people grin. We have been meaning to arrange something new but it hasn't quite gotten off the ground. (And I certainly won't be attending anything until this white stuff has thawed!) Perhaps those in York will arrange a Christmas meet and Jacob and I will see you again in the New Year. Will keep an eye on this thread.

(I was so looking forward to a service at the Minster during the Advent too envy Noah)

Meanwhile, I will see you over on the 'I Hate Snow Club' thread, Vanilla.

natters74 Tue 07-Dec-10 19:59:05

Hi.I am new to this mumsnet thing. Is it as addictive as Facebook?Anyway..I am really keen to meet other mums as I am finding it a bit isolating since moving house (over a year ago now but moved to a v "local" area)and this bloody weather is really not helping!I would love to meet other York mums if the snow ever thaws and you guys have another meeting.

Hi all

Happy new year! Wondered if anyone fancied a meet up? I couldn't make the last one

Vanillacandle Thu 13-Jan-11 20:01:49

Hi

I've not been to a meet-up before having only discovered the York gang existed when MummyBerryJuice posted on the I Hate Snow Club thread.

I'd be interested in coming along if you'll have me...

P.S. Are you home yet, MummyBerry?

MummyBerryJuice Mon 17-Jan-11 09:52:48

We're coming home tonight. Long (and rather distressing) story involving fever, convulsions, hospital admissions and fights with insurers but all good now on homeward bound.

This week is very busy for us but would be great to meet up again. I will entice some of the other posters back on.

How is the snow Vanilla?

sethstarkaddersmackerel Mon 17-Jan-11 09:56:45

oh hello again everyone!

MummyBerryJuice - hope you're all ok!

another meet-up some time would be great.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 17-Jan-11 10:00:33

Seth I was about to PM you! Love your Fish Fight name, will have to change mine too (especially seeing DH is in the seafood business grin)

sethstarkaddersmackerel Mon 17-Jan-11 11:28:52

Thanks grin

If anyone's interested, the York Feminist Network (which has quite a few MNers in it) will be meeting up this Sat, 22nd Jan, at 11.30am in the Spurriergate Centre. We will find a table near the play area for those who have to bring kids along....
It was meant to be to discuss Reclaiming The F-Word by Kristine Aune and Catherine Redfern but none of us seems to have actually read it yet so it will probably just be general nattering/ranting. All welcome!

jooseyfruit Mon 17-Jan-11 12:27:50

Hi everyone <waves> I have been enticed over from Twitter.

Meet up would be fabulous, really enjoyed meeting everyone and would love to do it again.

Hope flight back's ok MBJ

MummyBerryJuice Mon 17-Jan-11 13:41:49

I'd love to come Seth but I'll have to see how the week pans out when I get home.

For those wanting to get together in the week, I have spoken to woofie and she has suggested Tuesday/Friday any other preferences. joosey shall we wait for your shift roster to come out?

jooseyfruit Mon 17-Jan-11 17:33:26

I'll phone in for it tomorrow then let you know

FlorenceAndTheMachine Mon 17-Jan-11 17:45:47

Is that next week? Have name changed on but was NATW

I am busy some days doing work but can't remember when. Will look grin

FlorenceAndTheMachine Mon 17-Jan-11 17:47:26

If it is this week I am busy every day which is a bit of a pain.

jooseyfruit Mon 17-Jan-11 19:05:41

nice name change FATM smile

probably next week by the looks either tues or fri.

sethstarkaddersmackerel Mon 17-Jan-11 20:01:45

Is this in York or is it the one over in the Malton direction?

I can come if it's in the city, any day.

FlorenceAndTheMachine Mon 17-Jan-11 20:07:00

Have looked and am busy every day next week except Tuesday. Must stop this working lark grin

MummyBerryJuice Wed 19-Jan-11 06:20:30

Nice new name Florencesmile. I'm taking J to see he GP today and will have a better idea about what we'll be up to next week.

I would quite like a trip into York as it gives me an excuse to do my weekly shop at Waitrose, instead of the boring old Co-Op in Whitby grin

woofie Sat 22-Jan-11 20:01:14

Hello everyone smile Would Tuesday work then?

Hope J is OK, MBJ - sounds scary.

MummyBerryJuice Sun 23-Jan-11 12:35:31

Friday would be better for me, although we could do Tuesday afternoon.

He's fine now but it was very frightening smile

woofie Sun 23-Jan-11 21:52:04

Either OK by me. Are we thinking York city centre? Spurriergate again, or can anyone suggest anything more imaginative?!

MummyBerryJuice Sun 23-Jan-11 22:00:39

City centre is fine. I'll happily go anywhere suitable and will leave the decision up to those of you more knowledgable.

jooseyfruit Sun 23-Jan-11 22:01:30

champagne and cake at Oscars! <pay day>

sethstarkaddersmackerel Sun 23-Jan-11 22:14:19

Friday better for me, afternoons a bit more limited as I have to get a bus back to my village in time for school pick-up (and have an irrational fear of being late).

I don't mind where we go if it's Friday because I will only have ds2 so I can leave him in the buggy and keep him quiet by stuffing Quavers in his mouth.
If Tuesday then Spurriergate much preferred as I will have my 4yo DS1 as well so the play area would be useful.

jooseyfruit Sun 23-Jan-11 22:20:19

Friday vote for me.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 24-Jan-11 06:41:00

grin at Quavers. I suppose it should be somewhere where J can run around. Just noticed that Florence won't be able to make it in Friday sad. We should make it a more regular thing really.

Hi, i can only do friday too, as work monday to wed.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 24-Jan-11 17:29:13

Excellent. It is all coming together

sethstarkaddersmackerel Mon 24-Jan-11 18:42:38

we will have to meet again very soon on a day Florence can make.

what time on Fri? Morning, right?

woofie Mon 24-Jan-11 19:35:14

10.30ish? Champagne at oscars sounds divine, joosey! But are they equipped for rampaging toddlers? I'm going to a place called grays court by the minster for the first time tomorrow- it's supposed to be well kitted out for kiddies so I'll report back if it's any good.

jooseyfruit Mon 24-Jan-11 19:44:40

I don't suppose Oscars would be as toddler friendly as Spurriergate, but look forward to your report on Greys Court woofie.

I'll text cazinski, don't think I have deadleys number.

sethstarkaddersmackerel Mon 24-Jan-11 19:59:38

bit bemused by description of Grays Court as well kitted out for kids - it is big/old/posh and very very nice but has, you know, antiques.
I can see it working very well if you get the right place.
I have only been there once (it's dh who goes there mostly. On his own.) though so it might be that we have just not noticed the child-friendly aspects.
If it turns out it would work I would be v pleased because it is a lovely place.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 24-Jan-11 20:15:49

If it is well kitted out it sounds promising. Nice to get out to something a little 'special' instead of the usual. However, Spurriergate is at least close to Waterstones, which gives me an excellent excuse to buy more books (for J of course, not me)

woofie Tue 25-Jan-11 00:18:29

Hmm, just going by a friend's description, Seth- think she goes there with her 3 and said there was lots of room for them to play, but from what you say, maybe it wouldn't be ideal for loads of buggies etc. I'll do a reccy anyway.

Not opposed to oscars at all, I've just not been there with kids before, but guess it would be ok mid-morning...

I bet we end up in the spurriergate grin

jooseyfruit Tue 25-Jan-11 10:55:41

yeah, I bet we do too! Maybe we can do Oscars next time. We'll don't want to be too stressed with watching them and not get to natter.

woofie Tue 25-Jan-11 14:30:37

Grays Court is really lovely- huuuge and full of antiques as Seth said! I can heartily recommend it for family lunch or adults' evening, but I think they might have a heart attack if they found themselves overrun by young children. I was there for lunch with friends today and we had 3 babies between us, but there was only one highchair hmm. Lovely food though.

10.30 at spurriergate then??

MummyBerryJuice Tue 25-Jan-11 15:11:09

Ok. Spurriergate is seems it is. 10H30 is perfect. See you on Friday.

Yay!

jooseyfruit Tue 25-Jan-11 19:57:25

woop. see you Friday

jooseyfruit Tue 25-Jan-11 20:07:46

have texted cazinski

sethstarkaddersmackerel Tue 25-Jan-11 21:00:03

excellent, see you 10.30 on Fri.

hi all, will do my best to get there. We have swimming first thing on friday and then need to bus in to town, but providing we don't have any tantrums, we should be there!

jooseyfruit Wed 26-Jan-11 20:55:05

cazinski is coming and she's texted deadley.
look forward to meeting you Ethelred

deadley Wed 26-Jan-11 20:57:57

Just back on line after 2 months of no phone line and just in time it seems!! (Also a text from Cazinski prompted me to check!!). Im up for friday, will bring dd and ds.
See you there

jooseyfruit Wed 26-Jan-11 21:00:50

wahay! thought you'd been a bit quiet deadley. will be lovely to see you and lo's on Friday. grin

Doucam Thu 27-Jan-11 17:22:57

Just remembered to come on and check this, is the Friday meet tomorrow Friday?

If it is I can't come as I have a poorly boy at home.

Will keep an eye on this thread though and try my hardest to come along to the next one.

Have a lovely time ladies!! x

Whipmawhopma Thu 27-Jan-11 17:29:22

Lurking with interest!

I've been to Grays Court with the DC, and it was scary - completely and utterly un-child-friendly. The DC were magnificently behaved, but we made it quick (and I had to issue endless reminders/bribes, for fear of never being allowed to darken their doors again). One fantastic place is the central library - the cafe could not be more child friendly if it tried. I'd recommend it above Spurriergate as a future rendezvous (though given that I am just lurking, I can hardly have any say, can I? grin)

MummyBerryJuice Thu 27-Jan-11 19:44:40

Why don't you join us Whipmawhopma? (Good name btw smile)

woofie Thu 27-Jan-11 19:45:43

Hello whipmawhopma- why only lurking, not joining?!

Yes, I have to say child-friendly isn't an adjective i'd use for grays court- don't know what my friend was thinking, though she does have 3 older girls I suppose. Not a place for my 4yo ds tho and I thought I detected a slight sigh from the maitre d as he saw us traipsing in with baby paraphernalia grin.

Central library's a good thought for next time though.

I'm hoping I'll still be able to come tomorrow, but like doucam I have 2 poorly boys tonight so will have to see what tomorrow (or more likely tonight) brings.

sethstarkaddersmackerel Thu 27-Jan-11 19:47:08

my ds1 is not 100% so fingers crossed he'll be ok smile

Whipmawhopma Thu 27-Jan-11 20:38:52

Ah, I am lurking because I am up to my eyes in builders, and am allegedly working. grin Plus I fear my DC are too old (6 and 8). But if I find myself in town, I might just drop by (I was in the Spurriergate place yesterday, but only to use their loo!!)

MummyBerryJuice Thu 27-Jan-11 20:43:18

All are welcome Whip, despite aged DC. grin

Whipmawhopma Thu 27-Jan-11 20:44:02

Thanks, MBJ. Do you think DH will notice if I am not at my desk at 10.30 tomorrow? grin

fartblossom Thu 27-Jan-11 22:33:48

Hi,

I cant make tomorrow, but I would love to meet any future meet-ups.

I have 2 children. 6YO boy who's at school full time (obviously) and a 3YO girl who's at nursery 5 mornings a week. I am also PG with number 3, due in Sept.

I will keep an eye out on this thread and try to come to the next one.

MummyBerryJuice Fri 28-Jan-11 06:13:52

Hi fartblossom. It'll be great to meet you too. Keep an eye on the thread (we sometimes go very quiet for quite a while though)

fartblossom Fri 28-Jan-11 07:50:07

I will keep an eye out. I know it can get quiet, Ive been on the lookout for a few weeks now anyway haha.

Have a good day today and hopefully I shall see you next time.

woofie Fri 28-Jan-11 09:17:31

sad not going to make it, as there's a serious risk of projectile vomit from the baby. Have a great time- we'll have to do another one soon.

jooseyfruit Fri 28-Jan-11 09:48:05

oh no. i was looking forward to a snuggle with small person! see you next time hopefully x

woofie Fri 28-Jan-11 10:52:27

Aw thanks joosey. Little trooper still managed to grin at everyone through the snot on the school run this morning, but he's proper poorly so wouldn't want to infect you all.

Right, back to the 5 loads of washing generated by last nights efforts... Have a slice of lemon drizzle for me! X

sethstarkaddersmackerel Fri 28-Jan-11 14:55:15

Lovely to see you guys today! Sorry to everyone who couldn't make it - hope you will make the next one.

Is it too soon to start planning the next? is two or three weeks from now too soon?

sethstarkaddersmackerel Fri 28-Jan-11 14:55:42

oh and thank you MummyBerryJuice for getting us all organised this time. smile

MummyBerryJuice Fri 28-Jan-11 17:49:47

Thanks Seth it was really nice to see you all. I think 2-3weeks is just about right, can we make it after the 17th though cause I have my citizenship exam then.

cazinski Fri 28-Jan-11 20:02:37

Hey guys, great to see you today-it's been quite a while! Might have to bail out of the next meet up as I've got the second baby cazinski due on the 25th of feb. Count me in for anything after that though, be good to hand him round for cuddles and a bit of me-time!!!!

MummyBerryJuice Wed 02-Feb-11 15:15:12

Hi all. How are you doing?

DS has had another horrible infection. Ear this time. But seems to be recovering. Just keeping the thread ticking over.

Any further thoughts on when and where? We could try the library this time.

Library would be great. Took S the other day and it was really nice, quite quiet, not too many tutting grannies.

Half term coming up soon how about end of Feb? (week after half term)

Joosey here btw grin

Read about J's infection on Twiiter MBJ, glad he's getting better. Winter is shit when they are this young, they get everything going, infection wise.

ThaliaKeith Fri 04-Feb-11 07:53:51

Hello - am name changing a lot at moment but some of you have met me

Library would be great - I love it in there. Only thing to remember is their habit of closing on the first Thursdsy morning of the month (have been caught out like that before).

MummyBerryJuice Fri 04-Feb-11 08:10:37

Love the new name Quincy! Last week of Feb is a good idea, give me time to try and pass that darn test!

Thalia have I met you? PM your old name please. I'm intrigued.

ThaliaKeith Fri 04-Feb-11 10:10:32

Have sent you a pm (and yes you have met me )

fartblossom Fri 04-Feb-11 16:02:42

Hi,

Library is a good place to meet. Although schools start again 28th Feb/1st March so I would say 1st week in March as apposed to end of feb. Does that sound OK to you?

I will try and make it this time

GintyMarlow Fri 04-Feb-11 16:15:40

Have changed name again (was Thalia up the thread grin). Someone mentioned having older children - mine are 5 and 7 but I come along and enjoy other people's

Think I have some more invigilating w/c 7th March but can't remember which date. Apart from that am pretty free (famous last words)

pearlgirl Fri 04-Feb-11 23:13:13

Hi,
I have lurked on this thread for a while and hope to be able to join you next time. I have 4 dcs - 3 at school and a 9month old.
I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully make it next time.

Vanillacandle Wed 09-Feb-11 16:47:45

Hi - I've been on threads with some of you before (especially snowy ones!) but not met anyone face-to-face. Is there going to be a meet-up after half term? I think mamov4 might be interested too - she's new to the area and needs some grown-up company!
I can only do Thursdays though...

Vanillacandle Wed 09-Feb-11 16:49:32

Er - that's snowy threads, not snowy MNers ... duh! blush <smacks head against desk>

Helloo I'm new to the area and need some adult company ! Although that sounds really dodgy....

I have a 3yr old and another one on the way in May so am starting to feel really pregnant and massive now.

Can I meet up with you guys next ? The library is lovely went there on my own last week and looks v. child friendly

Pootles2010 Sat 12-Feb-11 21:49:55

Can I come too? Thursdays good for me too, or Fridays! Would have to bring 7 month old though, is that ok?

mungojerrie Mon 14-Feb-11 21:45:37

Hello We would like to join you too - my DD is 18 months and a little monkey
I am free on thursdays and fridays so hopefully that will fit with your plans.

wgeddert Tue 15-Feb-11 13:23:02

Hi, I'm new to this site. Would be interested in a meet up as well, bringing along my 13 week old baby boy. Thursday & Friday would be best for me, although fairly flexible with rest of the week. (Need to figure out how to follow this thread, so that I don't miss the meet up!)

MummyBerryJuice Tue 15-Feb-11 22:02:19

Update: we're thinking after half-term, right?

I can't do Thursdays. Or Tuesdays. At all.
Fridays are good thought.

mamov4 Wed 16-Feb-11 10:51:14

hi everyone!!!

id love to join!!!! where the hell is the libary [ blush]

a few of us have tried to arrange a mini meet up but so far it hasnt pulled off..

so yeah looking forward to this :O

woofie Wed 16-Feb-11 21:31:12

Fridays are looking good. 25th Feb or 4th Mar?

deadley Wed 16-Feb-11 22:09:38

25th of Feb is half term (and I cant make that!). Could do 4th of march though......

Have we got a date? Must admit I dont know where the library is either

mamov4 Thu 17-Feb-11 09:08:58

oh yeah half term...i cant do then
i can do any days after that...
glad its not just me who doesnt know where libary is,my OH tried to explain,but i got lost just listening to him lol

fartblossom Thu 17-Feb-11 10:06:08

I cant do fridays but any other day.

Do you know where boots is? If you go from boots up to Next up past the post office and when you get to the main road you cross over and you are there. Its just to your left as your crossing the road.

mamov4 Thu 17-Feb-11 11:40:22

hmmm must have passed it a thousand times...it still doesnt register with me that ive seen it lol

PomonaTodd Thu 17-Feb-11 12:03:33

Next to the Museum Gardens.

Am continuing to perpetually name change grin.

Think I can do Friday 4th March - would be nice to see some more people and babies and feel glad mine are at school grin

PomonaTodd Thu 17-Feb-11 12:04:59

They are the right age for school btw - am not just making actual babies go to school...

<leaves thread while foot only partially in mouth>

Woofie it was me you met (briefly) on Saturday night. How long did you stay?

mamov4 Thu 17-Feb-11 14:17:42

think im getting where libary is
was there a date set ?

MummyBerryJuice Thu 17-Feb-11 19:01:40

Hmmm. Fridays are probably the best day for me. Or Wednesdays. The 4th would be good.

Is it a date then?

mamov4 Thu 17-Feb-11 19:06:26

thats good with me...what time?

Hi All

Fully intended coming to the last meet up and then didn't make it. So will try again this time! Am determined to make it!

PomonaTodd Fri 18-Feb-11 13:56:10

Was just looking at the library's website and there is some sort of story time/rhyme time on Fridays between 10:30 and 11:30. That could be a good thing or not depending on whether people would like story time. Would presumably mean more people in cafe part etc.

Friday better for me than Wednesday that week due to a bit of invigilating on Wednesday that would probably go on until about 11 in Huntington.

MummyBerryJuice Fri 18-Feb-11 15:37:59

That sounds fab Pomona. DS would really enjoy a bit of story time/rhyme. We could get there early to 'mark' our spot. grin. Say around 10?

pearlgirl Fri 18-Feb-11 21:55:57

I would love to join you, but am at work until 11.30 - maybe I could sneak in at the end.

sethstarkaddersmackerel Fri 18-Feb-11 22:00:39

I can do Friday 4th, will just have 17mo with me as last time.

fartblossom Sat 19-Feb-11 09:59:23

I cant make it, but will look out for the next one. I am determined to make it at some point.

MummyBerryJuice Tue 01-Mar-11 16:27:02

So we are still on for 10am at the library cafe (next to the Museum Gardens) on Friday?

Who'll be there?

yes, I will. really lookking forward to it.

looking even

woofie Tue 01-Mar-11 20:06:57

Think we're free then, so will try to make it. Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting the others smile

Grrr I would come but don't have DS till late afternoon and have work to do

MummyBerryJuice Wed 02-Mar-11 13:50:10

Children aren't required grin. You could pop in by yourself if you want to...

sethstarkaddersmackerel Wed 02-Mar-11 17:51:01

I am still coming, can't wait!

went to library the other day and was v impressed.
DS2 likes pulling books off shelves though, do you think they'll mind? (am planning to abandon him with the books while I have my coffee, you see.)

ds2 does the same Seth. they can be partners in crime and we can pretend we don't know them.

MummyBerryJuice Thu 03-Mar-11 06:08:49

LOL. DS likes to do the same to (and perhaps give them a little nibble when he thinks no-one is watching).

deadley Thu 03-Mar-11 20:02:59

Ill be there, although im not sure I want dd to learn any of this naughtynessgrin.

can I just say that you looked lovely today Seth, veh stylish and loved the dress.grin

really nice to meet you pearlgirl and your extremely cute ds

lovely to catch up with everyone

MummyBerryJuice Fri 04-Mar-11 16:23:36

Lovely to see you all again and to meet you pearl.

I'm always up for any excuse to come to York so let's do it again soon. (Hopefully the weather will improve over the next few weeks and we can have a meet-up outdoors to allow the children to go feral play outside.

Hope you enjoy the march Seth (and you did look vair stylish today!) and do report back. It will be great to hear of your adventures in London Town.

fartblossom Fri 04-Mar-11 16:34:49

Did you all find the library ok then? Was there any pulling off books from the shelves grin?

I vote for picnic in the park either Rowntrees park or museum gardens. There is also the farmers cart near wiggington which is nice and this time of year the lambs will be born soon.

Of course I am easy as to where we meet, but I would really like to come next time. I cant make Fridays or Saturdays, but any other day is do-able for me (with enough notice)

MummyBerryJuice Fri 04-Mar-11 17:26:11

I love the Farmer's cart (and it's a bit closer to my neck of the woods too smile) but many of the 'members' can't get there on public transport. sad. Museum gardens or the park behind the Minster may be better suited.

woofie Fri 04-Mar-11 18:26:12

Good to see everyone today! I'm on for a park or farmer's cart in a month or so.

Seth IOU a coffee next time! Very blush that I forgot to pay you back. Hope the march goes well.

I think I may be a bit behind with name changes on this thread... joosey are you now Quincy?? As for the artist formerly known as noahandthewhale, absolutely no idea which moniker you're using these days. I suspect you may be working for MI6.

eek weeell I am ashamed to say that I was there at the library but cause there was a group on (didn't realise !) and had no Ds with me I copped out....I wasn't sure who everyone was as I haven't met you all before so couldn't figure out if you were at the group or in the cafe.

Did everyone just meet for coffee or the group ?

yes woofie I was joosey!

prettywhiteguitar we were in the cafe bit, the group was busy and we wanted to natter. we were at the back of the cafe against the wall on the sofas.

we'll bring our mumsnet banner next time so you can find us! wink

nooo ! Right next time I will be more assertive !

mamov4 Sat 05-Mar-11 11:17:05

oh no i missed it

sethstarkaddersmackerel Mon 07-Mar-11 22:13:33

hey all, was great to see you last Fri. Thank you for the lovely comments on my dress smile

March was brilliant, really satisfying to stop the traffic on Oxford St. Met loads and loads of MNers, which is always nice. I stayed in a nice hotel afterwards which was very pleasant too....
Felt like such a country mouse when I got off the train at Kings Cross and it was all so crowded and manic - rural Yorkshire is so very different from London is it not?!

Prettywhiteguitar - I'm sorry, we should have done something to be obvious, like fruitshoots on the table or something!

Pearlgirl - were you the person that came late that I didn't get to talk to? Hopefully will see you next time!

hope you've all had a nice weekend, roll on the next one! Maybe we need to think of a venue where we can be inside or outside depending? Or just make a decision at the last minute once we know what the forecast is - there have already been days when sitting outside is ok but it was freezing on Sat in Trafalgar Square <sophisticated city-visitor emoticon>

pearlgirl Tue 08-Mar-11 16:35:52

It was really great to meet you all - yes Seth it was me who arrived late ( I had to work until 11.30) and then charged through town to the Library. Definitely up for the next one.

MummyBerryJuice Wed 16-Mar-11 10:53:13

Hmmm... An inside/outside venue? It would be good if we can keep it flexible as, as we all know, the weather up here can be rather miserable. Even in June!

Perhaps it would be best if we decide on a date and then keep the venue flexible until closer to the time?

MummyBerryJuice Mon 25-Apr-11 11:19:17

Tithe next meet-up is long overdue. How about the 2nd week in May? Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are best for me.

We can do a park/garden if the weather good.

QuincyMincemeatbunnyslayer Mon 25-Apr-11 16:34:29

yep. museum gardens or gardens behind Minster would be good. what date are we looking at?

MummyBerryJuice Mon 25-Apr-11 19:06:50

9th or 11th? I'm busy on the 13th already.

LawrieMarlow Mon 25-Apr-11 19:21:20

Hello (have I used this name on here before?)

I haven't but was NATW some moons ago.

I know I am invigilating (university) on 9th May but can't remember when else I am. Will check. Don't think I am busy on the 11th.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 25-Apr-11 19:39:05

<waves>

Hi Lawrie. I don't think we've seen this incarnation before but would love to see the physical one smile

11th then?

Will pm deadly, woofie and pearlgirl and fb Seth and casinzski.

pearlgirl Mon 25-Apr-11 21:35:19

Hopefully I'll be able to make it - will be at work until oneish - but my hours could change this week. Am hoping to be able to come - a lunchtime picnic would be fab if the weather is kind to us.

MummyBerryJuice Tue 26-Apr-11 08:05:10

Would a lunchtime picnic be a possibility? Or does that make nursery pick-ups etc impossible?

QuincyMincemeatbunnyslayer Tue 26-Apr-11 08:23:16

I'm on a night shift on the 10th so 11th would be good, you can help me stay awake. <prepares matchsticks and espresso>

Hi Lawrie smile

MummyBerryJuice Thu 28-Apr-11 16:48:41

Looks like it may only be the 3 (or 4) of us. Perhaps the others are still on holiday?

deadley Mon 02-May-11 21:05:59

We'll be there on the 11th. We're around till Ballet at 4!

MummyBerryJuice Wed 04-May-11 07:13:06

Shall we plan for a picnic in the museum gardens starting at around 11H30 then, but keeping plans fluid in case weather is foul?

LawrieMarlow Wed 04-May-11 07:25:42

Sounds good smile

(the picnic part not the possibility of rain part)

QuincyMincemeatbunnyslayer Wed 04-May-11 07:47:02

sounds great. Hope Cazinski can come with small baby to cuddle sigh

MummyBerryJuice Wed 04-May-11 08:03:40

Ooh! Could you try to get hold of her, Quincy? I sent her a message on fb but no reply sad

QuincyMincemeatbunnyslayer Wed 04-May-11 08:25:59

i think I've got her mobile number. I'll give her a text.

SybilBeddows Thu 05-May-11 15:25:13

11.30 is fine by me, I will have 2 dses with me.

MummyBerryJuice Thu 05-May-11 16:40:02

The more the nerdier.

And I'm expecting some of those delicious looking chocolate, coconut brownies, Quincy wink

MummyBerryJuice Thu 05-May-11 16:41:09

Merrier that was meant to be (although given your academic credentials Sybil, perhaps nerdier would do too smile)

pearlgirl Thu 05-May-11 23:40:54

I finish work at one and will come to join you then - just need to sort out if I can get ds4 into town without having to go out of york to pick him up and then drive back in.

MummyBerryJuice Tue 10-May-11 08:40:20

The weather looks good for tomorrow (sunny with showers -let's hope the showers hold off smile) Should we meet in the ruins at 11H30?

PM me if you'd like my mobile number for co-ordination.

QuincyMincemeatbunnyslayer Tue 10-May-11 11:33:40

lol at 'nerdier' grin

SybilBeddows Tue 10-May-11 11:57:07

was it a case of damn you autocorrect? grin

MummyBerryJuice Tue 10-May-11 13:44:58

grin Yes

LawrieMarlow Wed 11-May-11 00:04:15

Am really sorry but won't be able to come tonorrow (today?) as now have to do work which won't finish in time for me to come into York sad.

Another time I'll make it smile

MummyBerryJuice Wed 11-May-11 08:51:45

sad

QuincyMincemeatbunnyslayer Wed 11-May-11 08:54:04

oh no. was looking forward to seeing you. sad.

next time though!

SybilBeddows Wed 11-May-11 16:27:02

hi all, lovely to see you today - thanks for organising it, MummyBerryJuice!

SybilBeddows Wed 11-May-11 16:27:22

Lawrie - NEXT TIME!!!! grin

MummyBerryJuice Wed 11-May-11 17:07:59

It was lovely to see you all again, despite DS's repeated attempts to give me a heart attack. I feel quite hoarse from all the admonitions grin

Am desperate for a cup of tea now, though!

SybilBeddows Wed 11-May-11 18:03:33

yes, will try to remember a flask next time!

deadley Wed 11-May-11 20:57:56

We had a great time! Must do it again soonsmile

pearlgirl Thu 12-May-11 00:26:31

Really nice to see you all - when I finally managed to join you- glad the rain held off. It is amazing how fast they all move - still it keeps us on our toes.

woofie Fri 13-May-11 22:11:18

Hi everyone,
sorry have been incommunicado- I see I've just missed a meet-up. Booo! Things have been a bit manic here, to say the least- won't bore you with the details, but it feels like I haven't sat down for a month.

Hope you had a great time and I'm definitely up for the next one. Wx

Sar88 Thu 19-May-11 09:06:14

Hi, I am new to mumsnet and would like to join in your meet ups. I live East of York and have two children, hi everyone! smile

helloooo <waves>.
welcome, just keep checking in on the thread, and we'll probs pm you too.
More the nerdier, eh MBJ ;-)

FunkySkunk Thu 19-May-11 20:17:05

Quincy, it's Tubs from Twitter here, just trying to get back into mum stuff, so thought I'd have a look on the York page!

Everyone else, hello! Am a MNetter of several years but havent been posting for a while (work getting in the way). Have a 13yr old, 6yr old and just-about-to-turn-2yr old. All girls grin. Would be lovely to meet up at some point

oh hi my lovely!

Would love to meet up with you. most of us have little ones round about your dd3's age. I've also got a 13yo boy and 11yo dd plus ds2 who's 3!

Keep an eye on here and I'll get in touch via pm or twitter re: next meet up grin

Lottiestars Thu 26-May-11 22:47:55

I'd love to join if you'll have me! My 2nd is due on Sept 14th, & am worrying that I'm going to be stuck in the house when on maternity. I'm in a village 9 miles out of York. Any day, any time good for me.

Brilliant Lottiestars the more the merrier.smile

missag Mon 30-May-11 22:36:26

Hello

Although I originally signed up to mumsnet back in 2007 just after ds1 was born this is the first time I've actually browsed the site in detail. I'm shocked I've been so ignorant of everything that goes on. Would be very pleased to be able to come along to one of your meets ups (if you allow slowcoaches in!). I have 3 (nearly 4) and a 1 yr old.

TheRealMBJ Tue 31-May-11 23:17:14

Hi to all the newbies. I come back from holiday on the 6th but then my mum is over until the 21st. Shall we plan for the next meet-up last week of June?

When do the schools break up?

phillippa1 Wed 08-Jun-11 12:23:12

Hello..

I'm actually near Scarborough but would love to join you all for a chat.. if thats allowed?

FunkySkunk Wed 08-Jun-11 22:21:22

Last week of June good for me - am in hospital next week having evil gallbladder removed hideous emoticon but expect to be at full raring and roaring capacity week after deluded.

FunkySkunk Wed 08-Jun-11 22:25:34

I went into twitter mode there! The bold bits were meant to be asterisked (to denote summat or other of significance) grin

oh no. Hope op goes ok.

mungojerrie Thu 09-Jun-11 20:43:46

Hi - I meant to make the last one but didn't manage it. Have an almost 2 yr old dd. Would love to make the next meet up and meet some more York mums smile

MoreWinePlease67 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:39:00

Hi well I am hopeful I may make a meet this time, last week of June would be good for me too.
Fingers crossed I get to meet some of you :D

MoreWinePlease67 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:39:31

Oh I was posting as Doucam before btw. :D

TheRealMBJ Fri 10-Jun-11 11:52:47

Excellent.

<rubs hands together>

What days suit people? I prefer Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (but Fri mornings only)

Will get the word out that we have started planning on twitter and fb.

TheRealMBJ Fri 10-Jun-11 17:36:09

Which, which, which!

momino Fri 10-Jun-11 18:41:13

Hi am YankinYork to my tweetfriends. Would love to meet with you. Last week of June is good. Can do Monday and Friday mornings.

Looking forward!

what week are we looking at? <rubs eyes> <dopey>

TheRealMBJ Sat 11-Jun-11 07:56:27

Last week in June.

w/c 27th? I can do wed & fri of that week smile

TheRealMBJ Sat 11-Jun-11 17:02:24

So, it looks like Friday morning then?

That would be the 1st of July.

Anyone else?

pearlgirl Sat 11-Jun-11 20:34:38

Sorry won't be able to make it as I will be at work on Fri am.

deadley Sun 12-Jun-11 19:28:29

I can do the first of July. Where we going to go this time?

TheRealMBJ Sun 12-Jun-11 19:43:04

I thought outside worked well. (Although, perhaps the risk of catastrophic head injury is a risk too great at the ruins grin)

Any suggestions? Needs to be central I think, as Sybil can get the bus in...

gardens next to the minster? quite enclosed, minimal danger grin.

TheRealMBJ Mon 13-Jun-11 19:27:31

Sounds good.

loumumagain Wed 15-Jun-11 22:36:42

Hi we are moving up to York at the end of July. I've got 4. 2,7,11 & 14. Would be great to meet up with some other mnetters. Look forward to hearing from you. Louise

missag Wed 15-Jun-11 22:39:22

Would love to come but unfortunately we go on holiday that day (what's unfortunate about that I ask myself?!). Another time hopefully.

LawrieMarlow Wed 15-Jun-11 22:50:58

Wah. Am working on 1st July (my last invigilation of the year). Is not fair grin

pinkgreenyellow Thu 16-Jun-11 15:42:05

hi, i just wanted to reccommend 'tree of mums', its a group of facebook with mothers from york who want to meet up or seek advice x

'tree of mums', its a group of facebook with mothers from york who want to meet up or seek advice.

bit like Mumsnet local then! wink

TheRealMBJ Sun 19-Jun-11 18:27:27

smile

Deborini Sun 19-Jun-11 21:50:59

Hello
I'm new to York and mumsnet! Would be great to meet up with some other mums in the area. I have a 19 month old ds so it would also be good to get any tips you all have on what to do in York.
Hopefully we'll be able to come along to the meet up on 1st July...

at the risk of sounding like a stuck record, i am going to try to get along to this meet up! Fridays are good for me, so fingers crossed grin

woofie Sun 26-Jun-11 09:53:26

Hi everyone,

we're around on friday. Was planning on going to story time at the library at 10 but cd come on to the Minster gardens afterwards. Looking forward to a catch up. Wx

TheRealMBJ Mon 27-Jun-11 08:17:05

Will be nice to finally meet you* Ethelred* and good to catch up woofie.

I'd think 10H30 onwards is a good time to meet. Will give me a chance to pop to the shops on my way home grin

momino Mon 27-Jun-11 14:09:58

looking forward to meeting everyone. I've only met quincy out of this lot so far.

Quincy, want to walk in with me? Assuming you have to pass through S/croft rd?

yep, I'd love to momino. text me as to where you want to meet up

TheRealMBJ Thu 30-Jun-11 18:09:34

Do we have a bad weather contingency plan?

FunkySkunk Thu 30-Jun-11 19:00:27

Oi Momimo you've met me loads. Cheeky caaaaaaah.

I am bringing just smallest child, 2yr old fiend. She has just smeared a hideous poo on the (cream) carpet. She is not favourite child at the moment.

SybilBeddows Thu 30-Jun-11 19:02:41

I am definitely coming. Unless a child is ill <listens to wailing dd with sinking heart>

TheRealMBJ Thu 30-Jun-11 19:13:24

It is looking increasingly unlikely that I will be able to make it sadsadsad. DS spiking fevers with no indication why, so unless we have a completely uneventful night...

Sorry, I was so looking forward to it sad

SybilBeddows Thu 30-Jun-11 19:22:36

oh dear!
poor little thing, I hope he feels better soon.
how are you doing yourself?

TheRealMBJ Thu 30-Jun-11 20:01:02

Ok. Pregnant, so highly emotional grin
It's the anxiety and fear that goes with a fever that gets to me. I'm so worried that I won't be able to control the fever and that he'll fit. Never mind the fact that, I know that, studies show that antipyretics don't make any difference in the number or frequency of febrile convulsions,I still feel responsible. sad

So I become paralysed and don't want to go anywhere in case it makes it worse....

Oi, it's pathetic really.

oh no MBJ. I haz chocolate brownies for you grin.
Seriously though, I hope J is ok and you have a peaceful night, and you do what ever you think is best.

TheRealMBJ Fri 01-Jul-11 06:11:34

I'm not going to come today. I really, really want to but I think it best that J has a quiet day at home. sad

Sorry.

And it looks like such a nice day too...

SybilBeddows Fri 01-Jul-11 08:33:49

It looks like I can't come either - dd has something and we are afraid it might be Lyme Disease after her tick bite a month ago confused
she has all the symptoms except the rash. She's sitting there with her arms and legs sticking out saying it hurts too much to bend them.
we have a doc appointment at 9, they are so good at seeing children quickly.

TheRealMBJ Fri 01-Jul-11 10:19:26

Oh no Sybil. Let us know how you get on. We're going back to the GP again this morning. I have very little hope that they will be of any use though. He's still feverish despite maximum doses of calpol and ibuprofen .

SybilBeddows Fri 01-Jul-11 10:23:20

he's given her antibiotics; he said it could be Lyme disease or could be parvovirus so he's given her the antibiotics anyway but isn't bothering with a blood test.
so we will probably never know if it was Lyme disease or not but don't mind as long as she gets better.

good luck with your GP!

oh no Sybil sad how is she today?

how's J , MBJ?

TheRealMBJ Sat 02-Jul-11 18:24:52

DS is better today (typical for him to wait until the day after the meet-up angry grin), still, we have stayed close to home and had a quiet day.

Hope DD is feeling better Sybil.

In light of illness thwarting this meet-up, should we arrange another soon? (I really need an excuse to come to York and I have something in my freezer to give you anyway, Quincy)

oh my gosh. exciting. I'll make some more brownies for yougrin.

when do you want to meet? before school holidays start ?

TheRealMBJ Sun 03-Jul-11 05:47:12

When is that? (Confesses to having no idea).

some break up on 20th July, some the 22nd

TheRealMBJ Mon 04-Jul-11 11:25:16

I am free most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays

how about next week. I can do wed and fri

TheRealMBJ Wed 06-Jul-11 15:17:48

Excellent. Either suits me. Anyone else interested in coming, y'think?

momino Thu 07-Jul-11 21:33:24

I shall be available and willing!

TheRealMBJ Thu 07-Jul-11 21:35:18

Brilliant! Am I right that you may only be able to pop in on Wed? I want to see if others that missed the last (largely twitter based one grin) could perhaps make next week.

LawrieMarlow Thu 07-Jul-11 21:57:58

Hello smile

<peers round door>

I can come on either Wednesday or Friday smile Friday marginally better but could do Wednesday. By then will have finished all my work <crosses fingers>

However do need to do a bit more of it (marking exam papers....)

momino Thu 07-Jul-11 22:09:36

I can make Wed or Friday. Same as Lawrie: Fri marginally better but can do Wed.

TheRealMBJ Thu 07-Jul-11 22:14:12

<waves at Lawrie>

Ok, then I think Quincy would prefer Wed, but I'll check how her preference is. Wed is slightly better for me but, Fri is also fine.

SybilBeddows Thu 07-Jul-11 22:30:56

hello.
I can't make Weds as ds1 has another taster day at school. Can do Fri.

TheRealMBJ Thu 07-Jul-11 22:33:34

Well, that pretty much has decided it then smile. Friday it is as best for most.

Plan same as last one then? Minster gardens picnic with a bad weather fall-back.

Sar88 Sun 10-Jul-11 10:04:44

hi, can you tell me when the next meet up is please and what time?
would be great to meet some local mums

deadley Mon 11-Jul-11 21:21:15

I can do Friday. Could do Weds as well but not soo good. What time shall we aim for? Weathers looking good so far (fingers crossed)

TheRealMBJ Wed 13-Jul-11 09:49:39

Plan is Friday morning, 10H30 in the Minster gardens.

An anyone suggest a bad weather alternative?

Friday fine with me but will have to leave at 12 to get S to nursery, we have memorial/celebration service for our lovely head teacher in the afternoon sad

TheRealMBJ Wed 13-Jul-11 14:42:27

sad about your head Quincy, I should go around then too though as I'll need topop in to Twatrose on my way back and have plans in the afternoon too.

great. look forward to seeing you all. smile

FunkySkunk Thu 14-Jul-11 09:27:31

10.30 tomorrow? I should be there <checks work schedule> yy is good for me <panics about making any food that could top Joosey or Momi's brownies> grin

LawrieMarlow Thu 14-Jul-11 09:33:14

Am o meant to bring amazing food? I will probably forget to bring anything blush.

Do we have a wet weather plan? Am slightly concerned by the weather forecast.

I can't make it <wail>. I have lovely German neice and neph visiting on SAturday, I have parents over too, I haven't had a car for 2 days (parents borrowing it) and need to shop and attend memorial tomorrow and clean house etc etc <aaannnnnnnnnnddd breathe>.
So Sorry. I was gonna make Brownies too. sad

TheRealMBJ Thu 14-Jul-11 14:01:27

Oh no sadsadsadsad

And I have something to give you too! It'll have to wait until next time sad

SybilBeddows Thu 14-Jul-11 14:06:47

ooh hello, I'm on for tomorrow. We have builders doing guttering (one end of the old iron gutter fell off and the gutter hung like the sword of Damocles over the street shock) but I'm sure I can leave them a key.

oh poo sad I hope we can arrange another one in the summer hols. Hopefully before you get too uncomfortable driving MBJ)

pearlgirl Thu 14-Jul-11 17:01:29

Had hoped to make it but as always i am at work until 12 so will be too late to meet up - hope you all have a lovely time and that the weather stays good.

TheRealMBJ Thu 14-Jul-11 17:43:08

Yes! We have to. I am due 18/10 but hedging my bets on 10/10 so end of September is probably absolute chance of driving long distances. We are not allowed to go away during the summer either so am very happy to work around other's holiday timetables. Am generally still free Mon/Wed/Fri and could even consider a Saturday, but then would bring DH along.

yankeedoodledo Thu 14-Jul-11 21:58:04

I'm still ok for tomorrow. If it rains we could either do Railway Museum or even the Library which has a cafe and large children's area. What do youthink?
Sad about the brownies Quincy as the ones you brought last time were out of this world.

I've made a batch of the salted ones as my inlaws are here tomorrow but enough to share round. Secretly glad quincy won't be there as they'll never top hers smile.

yankeedoodledo Thu 14-Jul-11 22:01:00

oh, to add to the post above, I've changed my name from momino. I felt the need for a change. Not sure it fits yet.

TheRealMBJ Thu 14-Jul-11 22:23:15

Library is good, although we've never been to the Railway museum.

TheRealMBJ Thu 14-Jul-11 22:40:29

Library it is then! It is closer to my parking spot.

So, if it rains (fingers crossed it doesn't) we'll meet in the library cafe.

Ok?

yankeedoodledo Thu 14-Jul-11 23:04:10

Sounds good. I'll have two dd's with me and some picnicky things. If we end up in the library, we can eat by the cafe.
I regret we have to leave shortly after 12 but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 06:00:25

I'll (obviously) have DS with me. And a picnic. Haven't managed to bake anything though.

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 08:32:26

Weather looks fab. So no need to worry about indoors. See you all at the picnic.

FunkySkunk Fri 15-Jul-11 09:29:38

I haven't made any food, as was in blue-arsed fly mode yesterday. But we will bring happy smiley faces and joy etc with us grin. We need to be off for 11.30ish as we have great-nana to visit too today. See you all in an hour

LawrieMarlow Fri 15-Jul-11 09:33:00

I might get some biscuits on the way <useless emoticon>

LawrieMarlow Fri 15-Jul-11 09:33:32

I have no children by the way. Well I do but they are safely at school smile

FunkySkunk Fri 15-Jul-11 10:45:46

I am here, under a tree for any that are already here, am surrounded by running, squealing girls

SybilBeddows Fri 15-Jul-11 13:04:04

hello, I'm so sorry I missed it, I have had to stay to supervise the builders. (There are 3 of them now! And they still haven't finished! And because this was an emergency call-out rather than a normal 'getting quotes' situation we have no idea what it's going to cost. Yikes.)

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 14:10:18

Ouch sad Wr missed you and Lawrie. It wad lovely meeting yank and .skunk* and seeing deadley again.

I bumped into pearlgirl afterwards (while watching the Archbishop do a grocery shop)grin

Let's definitely arrange something for the summer. Perhaps a day-out? Like a trip to the pizza farm? Or even something in your direction Sybil

SybilBeddows Fri 15-Jul-11 14:15:35

the pizza farm?! do they grow on trees?

we're away a lot over the summer hols, I'm likely to not make the next one either sad

SybilBeddows Fri 15-Jul-11 14:16:15

what was the Archbishop buying?

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 17:02:30

The pizza farm is a play-farm with a pizza oven grin. I've never been but it looks ace.

He must be hosting a BBQ or something as he was buying large amounts of chicken pieces and salad ingredients grin. He had a shop assistant helping him, and it looked like he had never done something like this before. Perhaps his wife is away?

oh I missed you guys sad but glad you had a nice timesmile x

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 18:20:24

Hope you got all your jobs done and that the memorial went well.

Hope to see you soon.

pearlgirl Fri 15-Jul-11 19:29:52

Sorry to miss today - spent the morning haring around after students and trying to finish reports.
Nice to see you briefly REALMBJ. I didn't spot the Archbish til later. Had a nice cup of coffee and a sit down before shopping.
WWould be up for something in the holidays but may have 3 bigger ones in tow as well.

got most things done. memorial was wonderful/heartbreaking. Lots of tears, kids reading out poems about head teach, reception kids singing Happy Sun High, dressed as flowers; choir sang 'Your Song' we lost it a bit there. sad.

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 22:23:02

Sounds like it was a lovely, cathartic, ceremony smile

TBH I didn't realise he was the Archbishop until I was walking to my car, I passed them a few times in the aisles and he look so familiar, but I couldn't place him. It was only when I was unloading the trolley and he was taking his stuff to the car that it clicked blush

deadley Fri 22-Jul-11 21:15:32

It was lovely to see some of you last week. We would definitely be up for a meet up over summer. We have been to the Pizza Farm. The pizza was very tasty!!

TheFrozenMBJ Mon 08-Aug-11 15:44:27

Is anyone interested in a summer holiday meet-up?

pearlgirl Mon 08-Aug-11 19:52:55

We are.

Sar88 Wed 23-May-12 09:22:25

anybody want to come to a meet up in near future, we could arrange one for a get together?

pearlgirl Wed 23-May-12 19:41:35

I'd be up for that.

Sar88 Mon 11-Jun-12 09:32:47

how about a meet at museum gardens in york?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now