Local Talk

Lesbian/Gay parenting groups, Surely there are some

(8 Posts)
twoplusthreearewe Mon 07-Nov-11 23:30:28

Hi recently moved to York and just looking to connect up with other gay mums and dads, felt really hopeful there would be loads but can,t seem to find any group listings. Would love to hear from anyone willing to meet up.

Nicola

Loveadub Fri 11-Nov-11 18:22:18

Hi Nicola I want to welcome you to York and Mumsnet but I'm sorry that so far you haven't heard of a gay mums and dads group. Maybe you will be able to start that. How do you feel about just going along to your local toddler/baby group and seeing how it is.

I am a grandma now - young of course! but I remember it well going to Mum and toddler and hating it because I had nothing in common apart from having a baby - which really isn't enough.

Sending you best wishes, Elaine

Kestrel45 Mon 28-Nov-11 21:21:54

Hi, I'm just in the process of coming out and looking to meet up with our gay parents myself. I'm away for christmas but feel free to email me and anyone else in the same position at sherlockshane@live.co.uk. I have an 8 year old and two grown up kids. All the best and happy christmas.
kez

mylivvyloulou Thu 12-Jul-12 19:25:48

Hi Nicola

Have noticed your post and know it was a while back but just wanted to let you know we have just moved to York about month ago and would love to meet up if you're still up for it. I'm in a Civil Partnership with Andrea, we have a an 11 month old Olivia, and Andrea has a 17 year old to a previous marriage, but Jack decided to stay in Teesside to finish college before uni. I'm lucky enough to be a full time Mum to Olivia so feel free to get in touch if you'd like.

Lindsey x

ps if you have found any groups will you let me know as I got a surprise to thought they'd be load - thanks smile

HeatherD1975 Mon 24-Sep-12 14:55:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

KarateChopper Sun 24-Feb-13 19:53:30

Hello,
As a new parent, I'm just trying to set up a lesbian/gay parents social network for York & Leeds. The website is: lesbiangayparents.ning.com if you fancy joining in and hopefully we can get some meet-ups arranged. :-)
Claire

KarateChopper Fri 15-Mar-13 20:18:04

The lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender parent group is going well and we've got a chocolate egg hunt coming up! If you fancy joining us and meeting like-minded normal people, get all the details at http://lesbiangayparents.ning.com No ties and it's free! :-)

secondmum Wed 18-Sep-13 11:22:12

My wife and I really struggled to find a networking group in the North West. Luckily we came across the Calder Valley lesbian group who ran a lesbian parenting conference last year, its was a brilliant day and so so useful. From this we ended up getting together with two other sets of lesbian parents and sort of formed our own group (nothing formal just friends who go out every few months). Maybe there's similar in the south.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now