Local Talk

Have you ever thought about HynoBirthing

(3 Posts)

Hi,
I am new to mumsnet, but thought it would be a perfect way of finding out people's thoughts, knowledge and ideas about hypnobirthing in pregnancy! I recently trained as a hynobirthing teacher, although I qualified as a hypnotherapist about 2 1/2 years. My dream was to complete the hypnobirthing training, but for various reasons I have only just managed to do so.
The course was absolutely amazing and exceeded even my greatest expectations. I am now offering private sessions with couples in their home and really would just like to know if this is something any of the pregnant ladies out there would consider.
It is the most wonderful gift you could give to yourself and your baby - achieving a calm, empowering and beautiful birth.
I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts and whether or not it's even something you've heard of.
Thank you ever so much
smile

bigpigeon Fri 10-Feb-12 14:27:23

Have heard of it, and didn't need a course to achieve a positive and calm experience. Funnily enough my friends that paid for a course all panicked when the chips were down and took every drug going. I had been meditating for about ten years and just drew on that experience to keep calm which does undoubtedly affect pain perception. Don't think it is a bad thing, but there are a lot of charlatans that jump on the bandwagon and promise results for a couple of attendances. Just a personal opinion and no reflection on your abilities.

nirvana1111 Tue 02-Oct-12 23:22:42

Hello! I think I met you when you did my eyelashes...and I think we live in the same village!
when i next have a baby I will be requiring your services, wish i'd known about it this time around though! but I will tell pregnant friends about it in the meantime! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now