Local Talk

Good people of York, if you live near St Peters School...

(6 Posts)
joshandjamie Tue 13-Mar-12 19:24:44

please could you sell me your house. We need to move there in summer and there really isn't too much near the school on the market. Thank You grin

upatdawn Tue 13-Mar-12 20:30:50

I don't know your budget but here's a selection of houses within a mile of St P's -

On the doorstep
Further away but bigger
Opposite a nice park
Off Gillygate
As above
Ditto but nicer than the others
Near river
On Bootham
Slightly cheaper
Beautiful street

I'm desperate to move and this is just a selection of my recent love list of York houses!

joshandjamie Tue 13-Mar-12 20:58:45

Thanks upatdawn. We're going to York this weekend and are looking at some of those houses. Plus one other not on your list. It's the usual quandary of location vs space. I think we need space but really want to be close to school and town. Where are you now - are u already in York?

upatdawn Tue 13-Mar-12 22:09:02

Yes we're in York now, although further out as most of my children are older and can make their own way about. I think if your willing to do the school run by car until they are a bit older then I would go for space but if the move is about a different way of life then city centre would be better. Hope that helped!

hanahsaunt Wed 14-Mar-12 12:59:37

There's a lovely one on Galtres Grove which we would buy in a heartbeat were it not for the fact we can't afford school fees and it would put us in catchment for Canon Lee.

Now if someone wants to sell on Stockton Lane, Heworth kind of area then hurry up and put your house on smile.

joshandjamie Wed 14-Mar-12 17:04:35

hannahsaunt - we're going to see the Galtres Grove house this weekend. I'm sure I saw some on Stockton Lane...can't remember how much they were though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now