Local Talk

Suggestions for activities/groups in central york area

(9 Posts)
Ilovethenorth Tue 01-May-12 13:17:36

I'd love suggestions for activities/places to take my 19month old or for regular groups in the central york area.
Anyone reccomend anywhere or anything they have been to/go to regularly?
I don't drive so needs to be accesible on foot/by bus.

Thank you!

My dcs are too big now but we always used to go to Jellytots at the Baptist Church on Priory Street. It's 10-11.30 on Wednesdays and Fridays in term time and it's for babies and toddlers of all ages. Lots of toys, tea etc for mums and dads and usually a craft activity. They do some singing at the end as well - plus a Christmas party! It's a nice relaxed group and very cheap - 50p per session per family. The Baptist church is the first church on the right as you go down Priory street from the Mickelgate end.

Ilovethenorth Tue 01-May-12 15:12:28

Thanks northernlurker. Sounds great!

pearlgirl Tue 01-May-12 20:42:19

There's a lovely group at St Michael's parish rooms on a Friday - I've only managed to get a couple of times due to work - I think it starts at ten and it was really friendly when I went.

When your dc is 2 they can go to Gym Club at the York Community Gymnastics Foundation in Heworth - my little one has just started and loves it - you would need to put their name down on the waiting list.

I think there is a story session at the central library as well.

hanahsaunt Tue 01-May-12 22:06:18

Stories and songs are at the library on Friday mornings. 10ish? Assorted tumbletots sessions available whilst waiting for gym club to come through.

Destrier Tue 08-May-12 23:02:07

Kindermusik with Cath is great (easy to Google)

Ilovethenorth Mon 14-May-12 14:48:36

Thanks everyone. Will into the ideas.
Like the sound of the library one but DS at nursery on Fridays will check if it's on another day too.

notjustamummythankyou Wed 13-Jun-12 20:14:36

York mini musicians is great fun. Classes in Heworth on fridays, and in heslington too (but not sure which day). There's a website and a fb page (sorry on phone - can't link!)

There's also songbox with lots of classes around York. Again, it's got a webpage.

I've heard that gym club in Heworth is really good. Looking into that one myself!

Kaloobear Wed 13-Jun-12 20:20:52

Marking my place as I'd like to know too! Ducklings swimming classes are good at Yearsley Pool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now