Local Talk

Bolton Percy - what is it like please?

(4 Posts)
EmmaCB1 Fri 01-Jun-12 08:11:04

Hi All,
I am looking for advice for a friend who is moving up to Yorkshire from Cambridge because her husband's job has moved. They are looking at renting a house first. What is Bolton Percy like as a village? Any info would be really helpful.
Thank you.

Inthepotty Sun 03-Jun-12 13:29:38

I'm not far from Bolton Percy, it's a nice little village but quiet, not a right lot to do! Its roughly 10 mins drive from the nearest big villages of Bishopthorpe and Copmanthorpe, which are then a short drive/bus ride from York centre. If your friend has young DCs I would reccomend one of the bigger villages, simply as there are toddler groups/big Co-ops/pubs/parks ect. It is a very pretty village though, but I'm not sure houses very often come up for sale.

HTH

pearlgirl Sun 03-Jun-12 18:27:23

I would second what Inthepotty has said. Bolton Percy is very pretty and there is a nice tearoom but it seems quiet ( I have a couple of friends who live there). There are other villages around that area with a lot more going on for children Bishopthorpe, Copmanthorpe and Appleton Roebuck are all on that side and have village primary schools and a variety of playgroups.
We were looking for a village similar to the one just north of Cambridge that we left and settled in one of the aforementioned bigger villages and really love living here.

EmmaCB1 Sun 03-Jun-12 20:17:38

Thanks so much for your replies, I have passed them on to my friend. I think she is struggling with the enormity of the move which is why they are going to rent first. Glad you had a positive move, Pearlgirl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now