Local Talk

Just moved to York.

(3 Posts)
toobreathless Fri 03-Aug-12 00:20:02

Hi,

We have just moved to a village just north of York. We have no friends or family here.

I work fulltime Monday to Friday, with Tuesday afternoon off. DH works fulltime weds to Sunday.

I'm usually quite an outgoing person but am finding it quite difficult & feeling very isolated.

I would love to hear from anyone local, any particularly good baby related activities for Tuesday afternoons or weekends? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Oh DD is 15 months, meant to add that!

pearlgirl Fri 03-Aug-12 00:30:33

Hi. Am struggling to think off small baby related stuff on a Tuesday afternoon but I am sure that someone wise will be along with suggestions ( I work on Tuesdays so never do baby stuff then). The York community gymnastics foundation is fab for when they are two - it has a waiting list and is in Heworth. There are various groups around like Songbox, Toddlersense and Munchkin Music - maybe you could lookup their times on the web or in the Library in town.
I know there has been mention of a York meetup but that seems to have gone quiet at the moment - but you could keep your eyes open for that.

It can be quite a struggle to feel settled in a new place and I found getting out and meeting people helped me when we moved up - like you we had no local friends or family when we moved.
hth.

choc44 Sat 04-Aug-12 13:46:41

Hi Toobreathless,
I have a ten month old boy and would be happy to meet up with you. We've found some good things to do in York, it's a lovely place to live. I don't know how I can direct message you but if you want to email me we can arrange something?
Angela at solltd dot com

Look forward to hearing from you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now