Local Talk

Help! I need a babysitter in York for tomorrow night

(9 Posts)
joshandjamie Fri 03-Aug-12 16:34:26

Does anyone know of a babysitter or who is a babysitter who is free tomorrow 4 Aug from about 7pm - 11pm at the latest. We're in the middle of York (staying in a rental on Skeldergate) and need a babysitter to watch our boys (aged 8 and 6). I am slightly nervous leaving them with a complete stranger so if anyone can recommend someone they have used before who is good please let me know.

tx

BellaVita Fri 03-Aug-12 16:44:03

Hi JandJ

I will txt the girl we used up until last year (my boys are old enough to stay by themselves now) and see if she is available. She is very reliable, quiet and lovely.

Will let you know as soon as.

joshandjamie Fri 03-Aug-12 16:46:59

Ooh that would be marvellous. Thank you

BellaVita Fri 03-Aug-12 20:47:58

Hi, I'm really sorry but she has not txted back sad, she would normally within a few minutes, which makes me think she may be away on holiday.

joshandjamie Fri 03-Aug-12 20:56:42

no probs - thanks for trying.

BellaVita Sat 04-Aug-12 08:28:47

I was correct, she is in Turkey with her Dad! I have woken up to a message on fb from her mum to say sorry T had not replied, but she is on hols.

Hope you get sorted.

joshandjamie Sat 04-Aug-12 12:15:35

Thanks Bellavita

If you ever need a babysitter, I'm here I am a mature 17 year old female who enjoys babysitting, I have experience with all ages of children up to 14 and enjoy looking after them and making them smile. I am happy to work from 4pm til whenever on weekdays (but could pick up from school a few days a week) and anytime on weekends.
I currently work in an admin job but would like to do an open university course next year in childcare so it would be great if I could have a few references by then.
I can babysit in the area of york but not outside it, as I am based in clifton. I usually can get pretty much anywhere tho.
I usually charge £4 an hour for any amount of children but my rate can be negoiated with parent/s on enquiry. (this includes cleaning, cooking etc)
Feel free to email me: gina.collingwood@live.co.uk
or phone me: 07519310957

honestandcheap Thu 19-Sep-13 12:09:05

Hi there everyone , My names Jade , i am 19 years old and i live in Acomb york , I have plenty of experience with children and i used to work in a nursery with children of all ages , i have my own facebook page if anyone wants to join it as i do babysitting in my spare time when im not studying hard at college this is my page fo facebook , please feel free too add me on it smile https://www.facebook.com/jades.jobs?fref=ts I usually charge £3 per hour for 1child and £5 per hour for anymore children , i have peoples comments on there of what they think of me and how well i look after there children , the most children i have looked after at once is 6 and the youngest i have looked after is 1 years old , i am available all evenings and fridays and all weekends i can also do school hollidays and pick ups from school which i sometimes do occasionally anyhow, i am a very patient and happy girl and will do anything to help anyone , i have a first aid certificate and proof of working in a nursery , i usually say to people before i babysit (would you prefer to meet me before i start to babysit) so you know your children will know me and feel comfortable. if anyone has any further details please dont hesitate to contact me on my facebook page or simply text /call me on 07732813170 ,thanks ,Jade

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now