Local Talk

York Eateries - recommendations

(7 Posts)
Donki Fri 17-Aug-12 19:28:16

Anybody know of any eateries which will cater for a vegetarian, a 9year old boy, and a carnivore (I am wheat free, but can usually find something on the menu unless it is a pizza/pasta place)? It will need to open by 5.30pm and have reasonably swift service.
(We are going to the Mystery Plays - starts at 7.30pm)

VerityClinch Fri 17-Aug-12 19:28:52

Cafe Concerto on High Petergate?

Ginismyfriend Fri 17-Aug-12 19:31:22

Or Plunkets a couple of doors down from cafe concerto? I do love cafe concerto though...

The Mystery Plays are brilliant. Take lots of clothes - I was frozen when I went this week!

Donki Fri 17-Aug-12 20:04:30

hanahsaunt Fri 17-Aug-12 20:19:42

Another vote for Cafe Concerto and it's nearby. Mystery Plays are fabulous but do take lots of layers to increase as the night goes on - 3h 40m when we were there on Weds.

hanahsaunt Fri 17-Aug-12 20:20:57

I'm sure that Betty's would cater too and think you can now book though 1730h is a good time to be going there (missing the afternoon tea crowd). Lots of chain type places in the vicinity - Gourmet Burger etc.

Donki Fri 17-Aug-12 20:44:00

Thankyou folks: I like the look of Cafe Concerto, and also Cafe No.8 on Gillygate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now