Local Talk

Huntington,

(3 Posts)
annie46abbie Tue 11-Sep-12 09:24:11

Hi guys

We have been offered a beautiful house to rent in huntington, and are really considering it.

I just need some info on the area, I have done a bit of research but thought I would ask and see if any of you live there.

I have a daughter in yr3 and a daughter in yr1, also a son aged 2.

Is huntington primary good, is there a good bus route to city centre, is there anything in the area for the kids to do I.e parks etc.

I am nervous as we live in scarborough, and not sure how my 7 year old will react to moving schools as she is shy and is one of those kids who needs to think everyone likes her

Any advice would be great.

Annie

annie46abbie Wed 12-Sep-12 12:21:27

Anyone? xx

Hi
I know the area. Huntington Primary seems to have a good reputation, certainly not heard bad things about from the parents I know who send their DC there. My older two went to Yearsley Grove and youngest is there now. I found it to be absolutely fine for my DC, but it is not as well liked as Huntington.
Depending where you're living there may be a choice of two bus routes. The number 5 is the main one and runs about every 15-20 mins (I think).
There are small play areas dotted around the area and a nature conservation area, but not big formal parks. There's the usual toddler groups, tumble tots etc and you are quite close to a few swimming pools if that's your thing. I also have it on very good authority that there are excellent Rainbow and Brownie groups in the area!! grin
Please PM me if you want any more details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now