Local Talk

Anyone need any furniture or know anyone who does?

(4 Posts)
citycentredweller Tue 11-Jun-13 20:02:36

I have a garage full of furniture - all good quality stuff - but I need to get rid of it. I dont want to give it away as the pieces are good quality but I can't get in there to take pictures and then put all the items back again. I wondered if anyone knew of anyone who needed furniture e.g. a student kitting out a flat or someone just starting out in their first home or someone wanting to furnish a holiday let etc.

The items include things like:
a glass fronted wooden dresser
a wooden bedside table
a gorgeous wooden chest of drawers from crate & barrel in the US
a pine tv cabinet
a wood and metal wine rack
some old kitchen units and small built in fridge
lamps
three afghan rugs (medium and big)

I sure there is loads more in there. I am hoping someone wants to come and have a look, make me an offer for some or all of the items and take them away. Possibly someone who goes to auctions or sells via ebay. Or anything!! Please PM me or leave a message here if you know of anyone or are interested.

Thanks

Kdawson1 Fri 15-Nov-13 12:09:57

I am a researcher for the TV show ‘Fill Your House For Free’ which aims to help people who are struggling with furnishing and home décor dilemmas. Whether you need your kitchen, bathroom or lounge revamped– our team of experts could help. We will have a crack team of stylists, designers, and furniture experts led by Kirstie Allsopp.

If you are interested then please get in touch.

We look forward to hearing from you!

kylie.dawson@raisetheroofproductions.com

SunshineOutdoors Fri 15-Nov-13 21:41:56

Have you tried York Community Furniture Store, they pick up your stuff for free then sell it on at a v cheap price, further reduced for people on reduced income, sort of like a charity to help people furnish their homes.

SunshineOutdoors Fri 15-Nov-13 21:42:58

Oops, just saw op is nearly six months old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now