Local Talk

Moving to York

(4 Posts)
lilypoppet Tue 25-Jun-13 22:04:23

hello, I am moving to York from London in August and DD will be going to Manor CE. I wonder if anyone can recommend a good primary school for my youngest DD, which would be fairly near to manor. Any other advice about the area would be great too.

Thanks so much
Daisy

YorkRainbows Fri 30-Aug-13 17:20:22

Hi Daisy,

I don't know if this is a bit late, but I'm a psychology researcher who travels around primary schools in York, so I thought I'd answer anyway!

The government has a search engine to let you look for primary schools in your area: schoolsfinder.direct.gov.uk/schoolsfinder
According to that, the nearest primary schools to Manor CE are:
- Upper Poppleton Infant & Junior Schools: I've never been here.
- Carr Infant & Junior Schools: Absolutely fine.
- Poppleton Ousebank Primary School: I love this school, they have animals that the children look after and it has a really friendly atmosphere.

I also run a Rainbows group in the area (for girls aged 5-7) and two of my Rainbows go to Poppleton Ousebank and seem to really enjoy it from what they've said. And if you need it, the York City Council webpage with information on school admissions is here: www.york.gov.uk/info/200325/school_admissions/240/school_admissions

I also happen to run York's juggling and chocolate cake convention at Manor CE school each January, and can vouch for the school buildings there being great too!

Hope your move went well and good luck with schools!

lilypoppet Thu 10-Oct-13 05:11:47

Thanks for that, my youngest is at Poppleton Ousebank and we are really pleased with it.

SunshineOutdoors Thu 10-Oct-13 05:23:54

Hi, sorry to gate crash thread. York Rainbows I'm interested in your views on Knavesmire, Scarcroft, Dringhouses and Fishergate primaries. I think I know what first choice would be but I always like to hear others' perspectives. Thanks if you can help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now