Local Talk

Anyone in York have an idea of how to sell a cargo/family bike?

(10 Posts)
Surrealistrhinoceros Sun 06-Apr-14 12:07:42

I have an outgrown and now rather unloved Winther Kangaroo cargo bike, which needs some cleaning up and servicing but would be of great use to someone. I see more and more families on these bikes around York!

Ebay and gumtree not yielding great results.

Do any York people have an idea about how I might link the bike up with the new worn that I'm sure must be out there? It does have to be sale not give away I am afraid, as you know they are pricey.

I'm going to try the card in good old Cycle Heaven of course!

dglsdms Sun 13-Apr-14 11:45:11

Hello! How much were you looking for? I could possibly be interested.

Whycantibetangy Thu 17-Apr-14 13:35:31

Have you tried Facebook selling pages? Tree of mums york and York Mumbler are quite good

makesomenoise Tue 13-May-14 20:59:30

Hi - just wondered how much you are looking for and what the weight limit is? Thanks

LocalEditorYork Sat 14-Jun-14 16:42:19

Is this still for sale Surreal?

LocalEditorYork Sat 14-Jun-14 17:04:57

Surreal, I've PM'd you

keirbrown Sat 14-Jun-14 22:54:21

Do you know of the Steiner School in Fulford. Perfect place for Parents who would want to buy a Cargo Bike. They have a notice board and a regular newsletter.

LocalEditorYork Sun 15-Jun-14 08:49:37

I have someone who's v keen. Let me know if it's still available!

Surrealistrhinoceros Sun 15-Jun-14 09:16:02

Hi all

Just to update - am really sorry but this went a few weeks ago via gumtree to a lovely family and their toddlers.

Sorry I couldn't sell it more than once!

Thanks for the tip about Steiner - my DS did toddler group there and I'm sure that would have been a great route.

Best wishes!

LocalEditorYork Sun 15-Jun-14 15:04:19

Great news! Glad that you managed to find a buyer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now