treasure hunt for 6 year olds

(19 Posts)
paneer Sat 01-Mar-14 00:17:20

does anyone have a treasure hunt I can steal or even some ideas to start me off. it will be at home and around 10 children.

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 12:47:30

I come from a cow but I'm not milk or meat, take off sweaty socks it's a whiff on your feet! (Cheese! put the next clue in the cheese drawer of the fridge)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 12:49:38

It's been a long day and you're feeling like lead, put your head down on me and dream away instead (Pillow -hide the next clue in your DC's pillow case!)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 12:50:36

Is that really me, I thought it was you! It's such a hard job when you look and see two! (mirror)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 12:52:36

sometimes I whir and sometimes I ping, I'm great to make popcorn, don't put metal in! (Microwave)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 12:53:58

There once was a boy who lived under the stairs, he was told "yer a wizard" the adventure starts there (in a Harry Potter book)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 12:55:04

Am I helping Paneer?

I LOVE treasure hunts. I do them all the time for my DP, my DgodC and my friends.

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 12:57:16

An amazing invention that lets you see through a wall. It's not very small, in fact it's quite tall.
(window)

Sorry, that's a crap rhyme!!!

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:00:26

A badly behaved child found him/herself upon here, wasting hours away whilst they shed a cross tear.

(step on the stairs ie naughty step)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:03:10

A winter essential that protects your chest, it's fluffy and zips and is not a white vest!
(coat)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:04:32

This used to be you when you were just small, we keep them around as reminders for all.
(a baby photo)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:09:06

My friend and I spend our time together, I'm made of a plastic and great for wet weather!
(welly boots)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:12:10

SORRY!!! I've just seen that your children are 6! I read 6 x 10yo!!!

I'll be back! smile

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:19:36

Some of the ones above are hopefully usable anyway. Cheese, microwave, pillow, coat, wellies....
for younger ones:

Clothes go in dirty and come out clean. They spin round and round in the ___ machine!
(Washing machine)

We like to sit here, and sometimes we slouch. It's big and it's comfy, we sit on the ___
(couch)

Build a house, build a car, build a tower with me, these bright little bricks make us all so happy.
(Lego)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:28:26

Ducks and boats and bubbles and rub, run lots of warm water and splash in the _
(tub/bathtub)

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:30:21

Stomp Stomp big roar, I spy a ______
(Dinosaur).... clearly only if you actually have a toy dinosaur!!!

....also I have sort of borrowed that rhyming concept from a poetry book! blush

VanGogogh Sat 01-Mar-14 13:32:01

there's one at the front of home, one at the rear, the front has a bell and the back we can't hear.
(Door)...choose which one you want them to go to!

howcomes Sat 01-Mar-14 13:35:44

I do treasure hunts with ds aged 3 using drawings on small cards showing him objects in the house or garden, eg tree, toaster, bed etc etc (I'm not great at drawing so it's pretty basic) he can be charging all around the house for a good ten mins and the end reward is a couple of gummy bears. Treasure hunts are great fun smile

paneer Sat 01-Mar-14 22:00:05

VanG you are brilliant wine wine wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now